Web Services/Cloud Architect
- Chester, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Chester Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 18 sept. 18 2018-09-18
Web Services/Cloud Architect
Corporate Title: Up To Vice President
Line of Business: CTO - Architecture & Engineering
Want to be part of a team where you will take on exciting technical challenges as well as build new applications within the Bank? We are seeking a talented Web Services/Cloud Architect to join our team in Chester.
Our team is rapidly developing RESTful APIs, microservices, and tools for our platform. The position requires a keen problem solver as much as it requires excellent Java, API design and scalable and maintainable software development skills.
If you would like to work with a large amount of virtual machines (400-500 a week), looking at things beyond Java while building automation of networking devices then we would love to hear from you. If you are seeking to broaden your knowledge this role can offer excellent development opportunities.
What will your responsibilities include?
- Perform product design activities which may require research and analysis
- Build and implement new software as well as maintain and improve existing software
- Decompose requirements into tasks and provide estimates for those tasks
- Ensure that code adheres to strict standards for accessibility, security, object-oriented practices and performance
- Write and conducts unit and integration tests
- Effectively function and communicate within a software development team consisting of developers, quality assurance, and project management members
- Actively participate in requirements, architecture, and design meetings
What skills/competencies will you possess?
- Extensive expertise in Java, J2EE, Spring (Boot, MVC, Data), and Microservices
- Experience with service oriented architecture and REST based web service development
- Sound API design and knowledge of HTTP principles is vital to providing robust, easily consumed services for the rest of the company
- Demonstrable experience in implementing successful high-performance multi-threaded server applications
- Experience writing performance-critical code
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies and practices and Test-Driven Development
- Deep knowledge of various application server including but not limited to Tomcat, Jetty
- Working knowledge of one or more Unix flavours
- Should be able to identify and apply the appropriate design and integration patterns to solve complex business issues
- Experience with Jira, Continuous Build systems, GIT
- Experience with Maven or Gradle
- Exhibit a real passion for software development and customer delivery
- Solid interpersonal skills (written and verbal) and ability to work with corporate partners and technical specialists
- No-SQL technologies such as ElasticSearch, MongoDB
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.