Lead Security Risk Manager: Up to £72,933, 27.9% pension, flexible working We need an experienced Security Risk Manager to lead the identification and management of risk across HR and Finance systems and services
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
- Would like to be in a high profile critical role in UK Government Security?
- Do you have real depth and breadth of experience in Risk and Security for HR or Finance Systems/Services?
DWP is the UK's largest government department. We deliver services and support to over 20 million people, and make payments worth more £195bn a year. Our scale is extraordinary and our purpose unique,
We're looking for an experienced Security Risk Manager to take a critical leadership role covering a high profile area in the DWP Digital Security Risk management programme. The role forms a vital first line capability within the HMG three-line defence model.
As a Lead Security Risk Manager in Digital Group you will work with senior stakeholders to effectively identify, assess and manage risks in line with the risk appetite of the organisation. You will drive through a significant and ongoing portfolio of work, influencing senior managers throughout Digital Group to facilitate the better management of strategic and tactical first-line risks in the Group.
This role is in DWP Digital Corporate Services which includes a range of HR & Finance Systems and Services. As such you'll need to demonstrate experience of working in a specialist Security Risk management environment where you gained and utilised an understanding of business services.
Delivering World-Class Protections
A our Lead Security Risk Manager in DWP you will:
- Drive a culture of good risk management and facilitate the governance of enterprise Security Risks.
- Promote an environment of continuous improvement using learning from information Security Risks, events, incidents, investigations and trends.
- Co-ordinate and deliver all Digital Security Risk Management activity.
- Act as the Single Point of Contact for the progression of activities with the broader DWP Security Community.
- Ensure that GDS and DWP Security Policies, Standards and procedures are applied across the work programme.
- Represent the team at Cross Government Security forums.
- Provide security expertise in the management of incidents and problems.
- Provide Security impacts for new demands and change requests.
- Be the Security Lead for a range of Projects and initiatives including: Implementation of a SAAS ERP and Implementation of a Workforce Planning solution.
What skills, knowledge and experience do you need to show us?
- You an appropriate Security risk qualification and ideally accredited to a professional body which will enable you to take an active role in the DWP community of practise.
- Proven experience of Her Majesty's Government (HMG) policies and standards and the security policy, legal and regulatory framework in which government security and resilience policies operate.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the principles, strategies and techniques for implementing an effective structure and process for responding to and managing security incidents, risk, threats and vulnerabilities across a complex large scale organisation.
- Extensive experience of delivering technical remediation plans on complex IT infrastructures and across a multi-supplier model with hands on experience of risk based assessments within outsourced and offshored IT supplier operations.
- Proficiency in methods, techniques and tools for planning, organising, resourcing, directing, co-ordinating and monitoring on-going activities.
- Experience of working in a HR and/or Finance Security Risk management environment where they were required to obtain and utilise an understanding of business services.
Details. Wages. Perks.
You'll join us in one of our digital hubs in either Manchester or Leeds.
To enable our hybrid model, we provide the tech and tools we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
Salary is up to £72,933. We offer a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth 27%, and a generous leave package starting at 26 days.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working, flexi hours, up to 3 extra flexi days off a month
- Family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it's even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Learning and development, including coaching, mentoring, qualifications and accreditation, career progression opportunities and lots more.
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs. When giving us your CV make sure you tailor it to demonstrate the required skills (and take your name off) please.