2020 Finance Apprenticeship Programme (Glasgow)
This role is a three year apprenticeship, taken in line with study for the ACCA Foundation Diploma, beginning September 2020.
The ACCA qualification provides students with practical accounting and financial skills whilst developing their grasp of business. It is designed to give students expertise that they can use in the real world, an opportunity to learn the theory of accounting while putting it into practice too.
In the first year, initial tasks undertaken will include:
- Preparation of files and reports for month-end and daily processes
- Data gathering/mining for reports
- Account maintenance
Over the next two years, we would expect development towards tasks such as :
- Calculating the daily profit and loss tallies of traders
- Writing market commentaries for management reporting -Conducting reengineering projects to review and enhance processes
- Using analytical tools to determine current and potential exposure to risk -Preparing monthly financial and management reports
To qualify for the programme we require the pursuance or completion of a minimum of 4 Higher Grades (or equivalent) at BBBC (1 sitting) or BBBB (2 sittings) including Maths and English. Maths must be of grade B or above. Please note that the Apprenticeship programme is open to students in their 5th or 6th year of High school (or equivalent).
The deadline for applications is the 1st March 2020.