Big Data Software Engineer - Spark/Java
As a member of our Software Engineering Group youwill dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businessesand careers. You'll join an inspiring and curious team of technologistsdedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing andapplication programming that goes into creating high quality software and newproducts. You'll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders upto speed on the progress of what's being developed. Coming in with anunderstanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such asAgile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you'll be working with and sharingideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists fromall over the world. This role requires awide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
• Degreeor equivalent experience
• Expertisein application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
• Proficiencyin modern programming languages: Java, SQL, Scala (nice to have)
• Experiencedeveloping applications on Linux
• StrongObject Oriented Programming skills
• Workingproficiency in developmental toolsets
• Abilityto collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firmto accomplish common goals
• Understandingof software skills such as business analysis, development, and softwareimprovement
• DevelopingJiras based on product backlog, performing unit/component testing and codereviews and deploying code to remote environments utilizing industry bestpractices (CI Pipeline, Automated deployment)
• ProvidingL3 support
• Experiencedeveloping enterprise platforms using Big Data tools and technologies (e.g.Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Impala, Zeppelin, Jupyter)
Thehiring manager for this job opening would welcome a conversation about flexibleworking. This could range from ad hocflexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible WorkArrangement.
Our Corporate Technology team relies on smart,driven people like you to develop applications and provide tech support for allour corporate functions across our network. Your efforts will touch lives allover the financial spectrum and across all our divisions: Global Finance,Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, andwithin the Corporate Administrative Office. You'll be part of a teamspecifically built to meet and exceed our evolving technology needs, as well asour technology controls agenda.
When youwork at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financialinstitution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest techcompanies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologistsdesign, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives tobig data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments,cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annualinvestment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovativesolutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, butalso change the world.
AtJPMorgan Chase & C. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we'rebuilding a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourageprofessional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits andcompensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of aglobal technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of peopleand companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an equal opportunityemployer.