Developer - Glasgow - Associate
Due to ongoing investment and expansion at our award winning GlasgowTechnology Centre, we have a number of new opportunities available for talentedJava Developers. Located in the heart of Glasgow City Centre, our centre is oneof 2 strategic, pure technology hubs globally at JP Morgan.
Our opportunities offer the chance to work on interesting challenges andprojects, with what are truly cutting edge technologies.
- Delivery of softwareon time and on budget, based on original scope & requirements
- Designing softwareand producing scalable and resilient technical designs
- Digesting andunderstanding Business Requirements and designing new modules/functionality tomeet those needs
- Creating AutomatedUnit Tests using Flexible/Open Source Frameworks using a Test DrivenDevelopment approach
- Partner withsupporting tech leads to develop realistic and achievable project estimates
- Analysis and buildwithin Control, Stability, Resiliency, Capacity & Performance areas
- Testing: Unit, SIT& UAT planning and management
- Robust delivery ofcode into the production environment
- Take part indecisions affecting long range organizational goals & strategic planning.
- Proactively look todevelop, implement and further development best practices across the group. Theareas of focus should include, but not be limited to quality improvement, codereviews, code/architecture standards, code reuse, and reduction of supportcalls, technical documentation and technical design specifications
- Relevant university degree, orequivalent work experience
- Proven track record of applicationdevelopment experience
- Confidence with Core Java
- Java Frameworks i.e. Spring;Hibernate
- Test Driven Development Skills
- Exposure/ competence with AgileDevelopment approach
- Strong analytical and problem solvingskills
- Process analysis and design
- Experience in the followingtechnologies would be useful, however not essential: MQ/JMS, Web Services,Maven, Unix shell scripting