Developer - Java
- Glasgow, Ecosse, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Morgan Stanley
- 23 sept. 17
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
D epartment Profile:
Operations & Compliance Technology (OCT) comprises of functionally aligned development teams who support critical firm functions such as Legal, Compliance and Operations. OCT develops strategic solutions that support key business processes, including Settlements, Confirmations, Regulatory Reporting, Position Keeping, Anti-Money Laundering and Trade Surveillance.
Global Transaction Reporting (GTR) Technology serves the global transaction regulatory reporting requirements of the firm. These requirements span OTC derivatives, listed derivatives and cash products. The regulations covered are across America (e.g. Dodd-Frank and CSA), Europe (e.g. MiFID I and EMIR), and Asia (e.g. JFSA and HKMA). The team are required to work on both meeting the firm’s current regulatory obligations and on meeting future regulatory obligations (e.g. MiFID II).
GTR Technology is looking for an experienced Java Developer to join our growing presence in Glasgow – a key, strategic location for the global team, which also has a presence in Mumbai, London and New York. The role requires working with global stakeholders across various divisions. To be a good fit for this exciting opportunity, you will be self-starter, results oriented and motivated to make an impact. You should have experience working in an agile environment coupled with excellent communication and organisational skills. You must also have a desire to understand the Operations business we partner with, as well as the broad spectrum of asset classes we report on.
- You will be part of a dynamic team building systems that are critical to the Institutional Securities Business. Solving problems to meet the ever changing regulatory environment.
- You will work primarily as a Java developer as part of a collaborative agile development team.
- You will be required to liaise directly with a variety of stakeholders throughout the firm
- You will develop functionality in an iterative fashion, liaising with the business analysts, product owners and other developers within the scrum team
- You will be responsible for continuously improving the quality of our system and codebase including code reviews and refactoring where necessary
- Experience of agile and scrum methodologies
- Core Java
- UNIX shell scripting
- SQL and Relational Databases such as DB2
- Integration technologies - MQ/Xml/SOAP/JSON/Protocol Buffers/Spring
- Enterprise architecture patterns, GoF design patterns.
- Build & agile - Ant, Gradle/Maven, Sonar, Jenkins/Hudson, GIT/perforce.
- Sound understanding of Object Oriented Analysis, Design and Programming.
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.*LI-AM2