Finance Manager - Private Equity (based in London or Glasgow)
- Glasgow, Ecosse, Royaume-Uni Glasgow Ecosse GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Aliter Capital LLP
- 15 juin 18 2018-06-15
Aliter Capital LLP (“Aliter”) is a specialist private equity sponsor founded in 2016, focused on investments in mid-market to lower mid-market UK companies in the support services sector. Aliter brings together the deep combined industrial, operational, financial and investment experience of the founding Partners, to offer a more supportive hands on investment approach. Aliter closed its maiden fund in early 2017. The investment strategy provides for approximately four platform investments, built-up through a combination of add-on acquisitions, organic growth and operational transformation.
Following our successful fund raise and deployment of capital over the last 18 months we are looking for a Financial Controller to join a small team-orientated environment working directly with the partner group and investment team.
Aliter have established the foundations and frameworks of the fund and expect to grow significantly in the coming years. The team are looking for a dedicated finance professional with exceptional talent to help facilitate the growth of the firm.
We are seeking someone who can manage and take charge of all finance related matters within the general partner. This is a broad role covering deal support, oversight of external advisors and administrators as well as implementation and improvement of processes and procedures.
Aliter operates from offices in London and Glasgow and can accommodate the position in either office dependent on the preference of the candidate. Whilst the role is expected to require a full time individual over time, we could offer some flexibility in the short to medium term as a part time position for the right candidate.
- Fund management responsibilities, to include:
- Working closely with the fund administrators covering all aspects of fund reporting
- Ensuring the fund complies with the relevant LPA(s)
- Monitoring portfolios (actual vs budget), including evaluation of exit scenarios
- Managing equity drawdowns as required
- Modelling and analysing fund transactions
- Answer ad hoc investor queries
- LLP responsibilities, to include:
- Managing the finance function for Aliter, including accounts payable
- Providing monthly management accounts
- Assisting in the collation of data, production of reports and presentations for the partner group
- Generate annual financial statements for the non-fund entities
- Monitor and track deal costs to ensure they are complete and accurate
- Review and coordinate the expense claims process to ensure they are in line with company policy
Strengths and Qualifications
We are seeking a genuine self-starter with the drive and appetite to start with us in the early stages of our fund, to benefit from a high level of exposure and be proactively involved in all elements of our business as we grow.
Excellent interpersonal skills are essential as the successful candidate will be working alongside a small team. We would expect the following qualifications and experience:
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Relevant private equity fund accounting experience
- Ideally, you will come from an existing private equity firm or fund administrator, but we will consider candidates looking for their first “in-house” role
- Strong organisational and communication skills
Please note that we are open to receiving applications from individuals who are interested in working Part-Time as well as Full-Time.
If you are interested in this opportunity and fill the requirements, please apply here submitting a copy of your CV.
Deadline for applications is 30 June 2018.