Global General Ledger Control - Financial Reference Data
- Glasgow, Ecosse, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Morgan Stanley
- 12 déc. 17 2017-12-12
See job description for details
If you’re looking for a firm that can provide you with a challenging role and long term career development opportunities then read on. We have built a world class reputation for quality and service and the talent and passion of our people has been critical to our success. We provide a strong foundation for building a professional career – a place for people to learn, to achieve and to grow. Together we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and a strong team ethic.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success.
The Finance Division globally reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm’s books and records, and by contributing to firm wide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley’s various industry and government regulators, and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley’s various businesses and its senior management team.
Morgan Stanley’s Glasgow office employs in excess of 1,300 staff across Operations, Technology, Fund Services and Finance. Due to our growing business, we have a demand for career minded people to join our teams. Our opportunities offer unrivalled scope for progression and training within a fast paced, meritocratic and constantly changing environment. Morgan Stanley pride themselves on maintaining a culture which champions diversity, an inclusive environment for all, recognition and an opportunity to give back to our communities through various local charity partnerships. The office is located centrally and enjoys the additional benefits of an onsite gym and restaurant
The Glasgow Finance team is over 220 strong and spans a wide range of functions including: Product Control; Market Risk Control; Liquidity Control; Treasury Currency Management; Compensation Control; Tax; Legal Entity Control and Governance; Accounting Advisory Services; General Ledger Governance; Regulatory Reporting and Finance Risk. The variety and scope of our opportunities across all levels allows our employees to enjoy fulfilling and challenging long-term careers. In order to maintain this we require finance professionals of all levels, both qualified and non-qualified, who are committed to working in a challenging and ever evolving industry. For non-qualified candidates we actively support a number of professional qualifications.
Morgan Stanley seeks a full time Associate level professional to join its Global General Ledger Control (GGLC) team in Glasgow.
GGLC was established in 2012 as a key component of the Firm’s control framework, leveraging existing functions in the Glasgow and Mumbai offices. Now consolidated as a global team, GGLC is responsible for the design and implementation of a Firmwide system of controls for the General Ledger, and has begun by focusing on three key account lines: non-funding intercompany, cash at bank and zero balance accounts.
Key responsibilities of the GGLC team include ownership, reconciliation and substantiation of these sections of the General Ledger comprising monthly Balance Sheet and P&L certification, and other related tasks. This team continues to grow through deployment from other locations, and a primary area of focus for the team in the short term is the functionalisation of global ownership of these three account lines into the team. It is expected that the GGLC function and team will continue to grow, and that successful candidates into the team will be fungible as team responsibilities expand and opportunities arise.
JOB DESCRIPTION, SKILLS REQUIRED AND SKILLS DESIRED
General Ledger (GL) and Trade Processing Subledger (TAPS) maintenance functions are critical to the smooth running of the Firms ledger and support financial, management and other reporting. In order to provide appropriate coverage across the different regional streams, the team will take part in cross training for the responsibilities under Institutional General Ledger and TAPS Subledger maintenance. As the GGLC function and team continues to grow, the successful candidate will be fungible as team responsibilities expand and opportunities arise.
The successful candidate’s key deliverables include, but are not limited to:-
- Ensure internal client requests are dealt with in the required order (by regional stream and time of request)
- Maintain the relationship between the GL and TAPS for all entities Firmwide
- Open and maintain all TAPS accounts within the scope of the Bridging teams
- Map all TAPS accounts to the GL (Bridging) according to the firm wide standards, and update various other tables necessary to ensure proper flow of balances from TAPS to GL
- Assist Controllers in setting up their accounts correctly and troubleshoot any problems or breaks that might arise
- Process General Ledger maintenance related to accounts, cost centres, and companies in a timely, accurate, and efficient manner. This individual will be required to enforce and adhere to monthly deadlines related to this maintenance.
- Establish and maintain General Ledger security for clients.
- Process Project Tracking number setup requests
- Interface with local and global members of the Financial Control Group, Operations and General Ledger System users, and partner with Administrators counterparts.
- Monitor various daily break reports and assist account owners with resolution
- General Ledger and TAPS Subledger ad hoc tasks
The hours of work will be influenced by the need to talk with colleagues around the world, the need to coordinate with the global team, accommodate monthly deadlines, and cyclical user requests. Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fair treatment, regardless of background.
- Committed and self-motivated individual who can demonstrate initiative and problem solving abilities
- Ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines
- Strong appreciation of escalation and risk awareness
- High regard for attention to detail, accuracy, and quality
- Critical thinking in order to challenge processes, solve for ad hoc queries and creativity to suggest alternative approaches.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook folder organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to deal with colleagues/clients of all levels
- Client service minded
- Team player
- Financial Services industry experience is preferred
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. *LI-EM3