International Tax Utility Vice President
- Glasgow, Ecosse, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Morgan Stanley
- 14 déc. 17 2017-12-14
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Operations division is both the first line of defence for protecting Morgan Stanley's financial and reputational well-being, and an essential partner contributing to the firm's growth. Facing off to all Morgan Stanley businesses and interacting with all other parts of the Firm, the Operations division supports a complex, multi-faceted portfolio of businesses in full compliance with regulatory guidelines and the directives of the Operating Committee and Board of Directors. Members of the Operations team have a unique vantage point as the division touches all parts of the business, front to back. One of the largest divisions in the firm, Operations has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, we continually strive to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
SSBO provides utility processing services to Global Operations. By functionalizing processes across segments, SSBO realizes efficiencies through scale, location strategy and adoption of best practices. SSBO provides quality operational core processes at an optimal price point, with maximum benefit to MS business lines. Services currently provided by SSBO include Cash Management, OTC Derivative and Security Settlements, Position Services, Reconciliations, Tax, Client Reference Data, Network Management and Vendor Management.
- To manage transactional tax teams in Glasgow and Pune.
- To provide technical tax expertise to ensure compliance with existing tax requirements
- To leverage technical tax expertise to drive IT enablement projects to meet regulatory deliverables and to realise risk and process efficiencies within the existing function
- Support regional ITU risk and advisory teams in managing risk in relation to their processes including risk management oversight to pro-actively identify risks, escalate and clearly outline resolution.
- Ensure payment and Regulatory Reporting provided to Tax Authorities is accurate and submitted within prescribed deadlines.
- Actively monitor and review reclaims issued to Tax Authorities to make a positive impact to Firm cashflow.
- Working with IT, Risk & Advisory, and Operations teams to develop new, and improve existing, processes.
- Management of headcount and temp resourcing to agreed ceilings and budgets.
- Central point of contact with Agent Banks, Tax Authorities and internal client service teams in relation to owned processes, where strong relationships require to be maintained, to ensure an efficient and timely service is provided.
- Collaboration with ITU’s London, New York and Asia colleagues in driving our services forward whilst liaising with and supporting Business Units, Operations, & Tax Legal.
- Support the positive progression of the department by assisting with smooth onboarding of new processes and transition of processes to vendor whilst enhancing existing services.
- Manage monthly balance substantiation efforts ensuring quality of diligence meets and exceeds firm standards.
- Ensure full global compliance with all regulatory requirements and serve as global risk manager for the Tax Utility, acting as primary interface between the global tax teams and the SSBO Risk Management team.
- Responsible for the development and career management of 5 FTE along with the continued development of the supporting Vendor team (4 FTE).
- Ensure staff development is prioritised across the teams, with high performers identified and coached appropriately for future succession planning purposes.
This is not an exhaustive list and tasks and responsibilities may change to maintain our high levels of service.
Skills required (essential):
- Relevant technical tax experience – understanding of operational taxes
- Track record of advising on tax issues with internal and external stakeholders
- Staff Management
- High regard for attention to detail, accuracy & quality with strong communication skills
- Provide clear, concise information on risk, impact & and resolution
- Highly committed, dynamic & self-motivated with professional outlook
- Ability to grasp detailed concepts quickly
- Able to critically analyse data and present to Senior Management
- Ownership with drive to lead resolution of Firm/Client risk issues
- Proactive Team Player who actively promotes sharing of knowledge and team development
- Innovator who will co-ordinate implementation of new ideas/processes by the team
- Transition and supervisory oversight of outsourced functions
- Project management
- Advanced Excel skills
The salary of this role is competitive and the closing date for all applications is 22/12/2017.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.*LI-AM1