Java Developer - Fund Services Technology - Associate
- Glasgow, Ecosse, Royaume-Uni Glasgow Ecosse GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Morgan Stanley
- 20 sept. 18 2018-09-20
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Fund Services business provides various services to Hedge Funds like Investor Accounting, Portfolio Accounting, Analytics, Reconciliation etc. Fund Services Technology team builds and maintenance software to help Fund Services Business to meet their business goals. Fund Services functionality is a core area of Prime Brokerage business which makes Morgan Stanley Prime Brokerage business special compared to other banks. Fund Services is currently one of the expanding area in Prime Brokerage and huge investments are made currently in IT to expand the business. Fund Services Technology team currently have 100 plus software developers located in New York, Mumbai and Bangalore, now looking to expand the technology team in United Kingdom.
The team in Glasgow will be sitting close to the business users and will be working closely with the users in all aspects of the SDLC. Glasgow team will be the first fund services team in United Kingdom and there will be plenty of opportunities to grow the team into bigger team. The IT management team encourages use of new technologies and follows best practices of SDLC.
- We are looking for a Java developer who is good at analysis, design, coding, testing, and maintenance of large-scale and distributed applications. He/she will interact directly with the users and with other technologists across the firm.
- Server/UI side development.
- Working with project team and business to understand the requirements, doing the analysis and coming up with project plan.
- Participate in the implementation of the project
- Developing functionality in an iterative fashion, writing full unit and integration tests for each function.
- Continuously improving the quality of our systems and code base via best practices including code reviews and refactoring where necessary
- HTML5, Angular and other web related technologies.
‐ Experience in the following technologies: Java 8, Databases (Sybase preferred), Middleware (Messaging/RESTful services)
‐ Sound understanding of Object Oriented Programming and familiarity with Design Patterns
‐ Hands on experience multithreaded systems
‐ Experience of iterative / agile development practices
‐ Exposure to working in a global delivery team
‐ Comfortable with direct interaction with the business users at all levels
‐ Agile development practice
The salary for this role is Competitive.
The closing dates for applications is 10/10/2018
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. *LI-AM2