Java Software Engineer
Our Global Technology Infrastructure group is a team of innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you'll use a disciplined, innovative and a business focused approach to develop a wide variety of high-quality products and solutions. You'll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you-and the products you deliver-will thrive.
As an experienced member of ourSoftware Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who arepassionate around solving business problems through innovation &engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledgeand expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well aspartner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stayfocused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantlystrive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting,thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought andcreative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
This is an exciting opportunity to joina well established feature team in Glasgow responsible for key products whichunderpin the firm's private cloud platform. This team operates a DevOps culture and is responsible for everythingfrom working with our customers to understand their needs, through to buildingand running and evolving our products.
We are embarking on the development ofnew products for the next generation of our expanding cloud services, givingyou the opportunity to be involved in designing a new system with modernengineering practices and technologies at its heart. What isrequired?
You are stronglymotivated to learn and want to do engineering right, able to tackle complexproblems, build resilient, scalable components that meet client needs and arerobust in a mission-critical production environment. You have a delivery focusedapproach to work and are able to self-direct as a productive and independentengineer. RequiredSkills:
- Strong proficiency in one or more programminglanguages on the JVM e.g. Java, Kotlin, Groovy.
- Proficiency with at least one database platform, ideallywith experience handling very large data sets.
- Experience in publishing and consuming REST APIs,ideally with a good understanding of authorization and oauth2.
- Object-orienteddesign and development.
- UNIX/Linuxcommand line & scripting.
- Excellent understanding of good codingpractices, proper code structure, configuration management and code refactoring.Familiarity with TDD and automated testing.
- Strongcollaborator and team player who openly shares knowledge for thebenefit of the team. Comfortablewith pair programming
- Proficiencywith development tools (Jenkins, Jira, BitBucket, IntelliJ, GIT, code quality& security scanning tools).
- Ability to identify and facilitate issueresolutions (and escalate where applicable) as well as being able to communicatecomplex issues in a crisp and concise fashion to multiple levels of management.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamicenvironment, manage priorities and be able to quickly adapt to ever-evolvingbusiness needs.
- DomainDriven Design and Logical Domain Modelling
- Experiencewith development, deployment, and support of large-scale distributedapplications.
- Familiarity with Cloud Platformsincluding: CloudFoundry and Kubernetes
- JavaFrameworks including Spring & Hibernate
- Understandingand experience of multi-threaded applications.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're notjust working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of oneof the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, ourteam of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything fromenterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well asinnovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and clouddevelopment. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hirepeople to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financialservices industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skillsof every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives ondiversity. We encourage professional growth and career development,and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're lookingto build your career as part of a global technology team tackling bigchallenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world,we want to meet you.
JPMorganChase & Co. is an equal opportunity employer.