Public Sector Audit Executive
Job Description Summary:
Join us and you'll shape more than just your career. We believe we're best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Every day we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insight empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. Through our fresh thinking and agile working, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish Job Description:
We're the number one supplier of public sector audit services to local government and the NHS. Our clients operate in uncertain times. It's our job to work with them to help them fulfil their responsibilities and manage themselves to be sustainable. We work with clients of all different sizes across many different sectors. You'll support them, at their sites, getting to the heart of how they operate and the challenges they face. Making the most of your audit experience and client management skills, you'll help our clients mitigate risks and work more effectively.
Join our public sector audit team and you won't just make a difference to your clients. You'll make a difference to vital health and public services that impact on people's lives and help to shape a vibrant economy where people thrive. What you'll be doing:
Who we're looking for:
- We will empower you to act as a trusted business adviser to our clients
- You'll have the opportunity to attend and participate in client meetings with senior members of our clients' workforce, including Chief Executives and Finance Directors
- You'll be trusted to oversee all aspects of audit following receipt of the draft financial statements, assuming overall responsibility for allocating work to other members of the audit team.
- You'll work with our Associates to ensure that they understand their responsibilities and to support and coach their delivery, ensuring that any areas for development are identified
- We will ask you to complete audit work on complex risk areas
- You will support our work on value for money reviews for a portfolio of clients
- You will be responsible for producing the draft audit findings report and for attending clearance meetings with management
The time you spend outside of work helps shape what you can bring to our firm. Many of our people act as volunteers, provide free support to public services, or act as non-executive directors. We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider all flexible working applications.
- Experience of leading audits of varying sizes across healthcare and local government (minimum criteria)
- A genuine interest in healthcare and local government, with an ability to confidently discuss business challenges and needs.
- The ability to communicate confidently and effectively with colleagues and clients at all levels.
- An interest in bringing new ideas and creating change through innovation.
- A strong technical and public sector knowledge and an ability to lead valuable discussions with our clients.
- Passion and belief in public services, with a drive to make a difference and shape a Vibrant Economy.