Regulatory Reporting Controller
- Glasgow, Ecosse, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Morgan Stanley
- 21 nov. 17 2017-11-21
See job description for details
If you’re looking for a firm that can provide you with a challenging role and long term career development opportunities then read on. We have built a world class reputation for quality and service and the talent and passion of our people has been critical to our success. We provide a strong foundation for building a professional career – a place for people to learn, to achieve and to grow. Together we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and a strong team ethic.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success.
The Finance Division globally reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm’s books and records, and by contributing to firm wide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley’s various industry and government regulators, and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley’s various businesses and its senior management team.
Morgan Stanley’s Glasgow office employs in excess of 1,300 staff across Operations, Technology, Fund Services and Finance. Due to our growing business, we have a demand for career minded people to join our teams. Our opportunities offer unrivalled scope for progression and training within a fast paced, meritocratic and constantly changing environment. Morgan Stanley pride themselves on maintaining a culture which champions diversity, an inclusive environment for all, recognition and an opportunity to give back to our communities through various local charity partnerships. The office is located centrally and enjoys the additional benefits of an onsite gym and restaurant
The Glasgow Finance team is over 220 strong and spans a wide range of functions including: Product Control; Market Risk Control; Liquidity Control; Treasury Currency Management; Compensation Control; Tax; Legal Entity Control and Governance; Accounting Advisory Services; General Ledger Governance; Regulatory Reporting and Finance Risk. The variety and scope of our opportunities across all levels allows our employees to enjoy fulfilling and challenging long-term careers. In order to maintain this we require finance professionals of all levels, both qualified and non-qualified, who are committed to working in a challenging and ever evolving industry. For non-qualified candidates we actively support a number of professional qualifications.
Regulatory Controllers are responsible for ensuring that Morgan Stanley maintains adequate capital resources to meet the firm’s investment business commitments and to withstand the risks to which the business is subject, e.g. Market Risk and Credit Counterparty Risk. Regulatory Controllers form part of the wider Global Corporate Controls and Planning (GCCP) Finance department.
Regulatory controller’s duties include:
- Monitoring regulatory compliance in accordance with Basel 3 and other Regulatory rules across both Prudential Regulatory Authority (PRA) and Federal Reserve Board (FRB) Regulated Entities.
- Reporting accurate and timely capital usage information to Senior Management, the Business Unit and externally to Regulatory bodies.
- Compliance with the evolving regulatory landscape.
- Facilitating capital efficiency by working with the business and regulators on approvals, appropriate structuring of new trades and continual elevation of capital usage.
JOB DESCRIPTION, SKILLS REQUIRED AND SKILLS DESIRED
Regulatory Controllers are responsible for preparing, calculating, reviewing and filing the statistical and supervisory returns required by various Regulators across global jurisdictions. The group supports and develops critical processes and systems to enable the Firm to continually meet its regulatory requirements and support key strategic initiatives.
This role is primarily to support the COREP reporting requirements as well as ensuring ongoing adequate capital and leverage ratios are maintained to support our key EMEA businesses. The role provides exposure to a large number of financial products, businesses and varied stakeholders across the Firm. The candidate will assist with the calculation, preparation and reporting of regulatory capital and leverage numbers covering various products across multiple regulatory jurisdictions.
Given the focus on Regulatory compliance and evolution, this is a high profile area of the business and it is an excellent opportunity to join an exciting and dynamic team and develop your prudential regulatory knowledge
- Preparation, analysis and review of various Capital calculation requirements (Market Risk, Leverage, Own Funds, Credit and Counterparty Risk), supporting weekly, monthly and quarterly reviews. Present COREP analysis to Senior Management to support their review and signoff, prior to submission to relevant regulator.
- Investigate drivers of material movements in calculation variables impacting key reporting, interrogating systems and data, and liaising with other teams to understand root cause.
- Work across reporting and calculation teams to explain and validate daily, monthly and quarterly variances in capital numbers, supporting the production of key internal and external regulatory reporting submissions.
- Develop understanding and apply key Regulatory rules requirements to applicable products and calculations.
- Build effective relationships with Information Technology, Legal Entity Controllers, Corporate Treasury, and Regulatory Colleagues.
- Identify, document and escalate and co-ordinate resolution of issues.
- Challenge processes and procedures in order to enhance controls and streamline efficiencies. Seek ways to improve hand-offs and integration with other teams.
- The successful candidate should be highly numerate with a close attention to detail
- Proven skills in investigating complex data issues to extract key themes and discover root causes
- Strong communication and team-working skills with a proven ability to effectively work across different clients and stakeholder groups
- Candidates for the role should hold an Accounting /Finance/Mathematical degree or equivalent, and have an interest in and understanding of the Regulatory framework
- Have the flexibility required to work in a dynamic environment under tight deadlines
- Relevant work experience in the financial services industry desirable (regulatory reporting, financial and product control, liquidity, treasury)
- Candidates should possess excellent Microsoft Excel skills and be proficient in data mining and summarising and presenting themes and results in a meaningful format
- Knowledge of financial products which are used in the financial services industry would be preferred
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. *LI-EM3