Regulatory Reporting Quality Assurance Associate
- Glasgow, Ecosse, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Morgan Stanley
- 09 déc. 17 2017-12-09
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley’s Glasgow office employs in excess of 1,300 staff across Operations, Technology, Fund Services and Finance. Due to our growing business, we have a demand for career minded people to join our teams. Our opportunities offer unrivalled scope for progression and training within a fast paced, meritocratic and constantly changing environment. Morgan Stanley pride themselves on maintaining a culture which champions diversity, an inclusive environment for all, recognition and an opportunity to give back to our communities through various local charity partnerships. The office is located centrally and enjoys the additional benefits of an onsite gym and restaurant
Global Corporate Controllers and Planning (GCCP) is the global centre of expertise and leadership for accounting, compensation, policy, reporting, financial risk and control. The Finance Divisions Risk and Information Security and Control team (FinRISC) within GCCP is represented in our Glasgow, London, New York, Tokyo and Hong Kong offices performing an oversight, governance and execution role in relation to the Finance division in support of the Firm's operational risk programs and objectives. The group interacts across all areas of Finance, Firm Operational Risk Department, the Front Office, Internal Audit as well as Operations, providing accurate risk reporting across Finance whilst furthering the risk management culture and infrastructure.
JOB DESCRIPTION, SKILLS REQUIRED AND SKILLS DESIRED
We are looking to hire an Associate in the Finance Division’s Risk, Information Security and Control Group (FinRISC), specifically into the Regulatory Reporting Quality Assurance team (RRQA). The FinRISC group is represented in our New York, Glasgow, London, Tokyo and Hong Kong offices performing an oversight, governance and execution role in relation to the Finance SOT division in support of the Firm’s operational risk programs and objectives. The group interacts across all areas of Finance, Firm Operational Risk Department, the Front Office, Internal Audit as well as Operations, providing accurate risk reporting across Finance whilst furthering the risk management culture and infrastructure. The RRQA team works collaboratively across New York, Glasgow and Mumbai on a validation programme to support the continuously expanding regulatory reporting environment impacting the Morgan Stanley Finance Division.
The RRQA Associate will be responsible for performing activities related to Regulatory reporting validation programs and quality assurance on a global basis. They will work to promote completeness, accuracy and validity of regulatory reporting data quality by independently validating various Regulatory Reporting processes and controls from transaction capture through to final regulator reporting. Products subject to review may include derivatives, secured financing transactions, loans, securitizations, debt and equity.
- Conducting walkthroughs, assessing the internal control environment by performing controls and substantive testing
- Validating transaction capture through regulatory reporting processes and assessing the internal control environment by conducting walkthroughs and performing control and sample data testing
- Analysing identified issues for their impact on capital and other upstream and downstream processes or systems, as well as escalating these issues.
- Cultivating relationships across the Finance organization with key constituency groups, such as Regulatory Reporting, Product Controllers, Legal Entity Controllers, Operations, Treasury, Technology, Credit Risk, and Market Risk.
- Drafting recommendations and liaising with the business units to remediate risks, findings and gaps identified during the validation process
- Monitoring, tracking and reporting project progress to Senior Management
- Prior experience in a line role or supporting a finance or reporting function
- Ability to organize and present data in a meaningful way, including analyzing and summarizing detailed information from various sources
- Strong written, communication, and presentation skills, including the ability to liaise with and influence senior subject matter experts
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task, adapt, and work well under pressure
- Ability to work within a team and to collaborate with peers and leadership to create effective solutions to validation issues
- Ability to create and manage detailed project plans including managing interdependencies
- Advanced Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills
- Sense of ownership and accountability for work
- Possesses strong project management and interpersonal skills, makes sound decisions, exhibiting initiative and intuitive thinking
- Prior audit or consulting experience
- Understanding of global and regional regulatory regimes and reporting such as Basel Frameworks, CAAP processes, RRPs and others
- Experienced with testing and proposing remediation plans
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.*LI-EM3