Software Engineer - Assoc - BigData
As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You ' ll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You ' ll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what ' s being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you ' ll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
• Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
• Advanced knowledge of architecture, design and business process
• Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
• Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
• Proficiency in one or more general purpose programming languages, Python
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in STEM subject
• An appreciation of best practices in software development e.g. testing, documentation, agile
• Understanding of object oriented design principles and patterns
• Experience with ETL/DBMS, preferably Oracle, PL SQL
• Knowledge of "BigData" techniques, the Hadoop ecosystem and, specifically, PySpark
• Knowledge of maths and statistics
• Experience with statistical software (SAS, R, Matlab)
• Experience in model development economic capital, ICAAP/CCAR, operational risk, liquidity risk, or ALM a plus
Our Corporate Technology team relies on smart, driven people like you to develop applications and provide tech support for all our corporate functions across our network. Your efforts will touch lives all over the financial spectrum and across all our divisions: Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and within the Corporate Administrative Office. You ' ll be part of a team specifically built to meet and exceed our evolving technology needs, as well as our technology controls agenda.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you ' re not just working at a global financial institution. You ' re an integral part of one of the world ' s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & C. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we ' re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you ' re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an equal opportunity employer.