- Glasgow, Ecosse, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Morgan Stanley
- 16 oct. 18
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley’s Glasgow office employs in excess of 1,300 staff across Operations, Technology, Legal and Compliance, Internal Audit, Fund Services and Finance. Due to our growing business, we have a demand for career minded people to join our teams. Our opportunities offer unrivalled scope for progression and training within a fast paced, meritocratic and constantly changing environment. Morgan Stanley pride themselves on maintaining a culture which champions diversity, an inclusive environment for all, recognition and an opportunity to give back to our communities through various local charity partnerships. The office is located centrally and enjoys the additional benefits of an onsite gym and restaurant.
The Finance Division globally reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm’s books and records, and by contributing to firm wide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley’s various industry and government regulators, and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley’s various businesses and its senior management team.
The Glasgow Finance team is over 220 strong and spans a wide range of functions including: Product Control; Market Risk Control; Liquidity Control; Treasury Currency Management; Compensation Control; Tax; Legal Entity Control and Governance; Accounting Advisory Services; General Ledger Governance; Regulatory Reporting and Finance Risk. The variety and scope of our opportunities across all levels allows our employees to enjoy fulfilling and challenging long-term careers. In order to maintain this we require finance professionals of all levels, both qualified and non-qualified, who are committed to working in a challenging and ever evolving industry. For non-qualified candidates we actively support a number of professional qualifications.
The Tax department ensures compliance with income and indirect tax filings, and monitors tax regulations and legislation. In addition, it calculates reports and discloses all of the Firm's tax-related expenses. The department also plans and manages the Firm's domestic and international tax strategies and advises Firm management and business units on business products, location and structure.
Recognising that significant benefits could be achieved by creating a dedicated Tax function based in Glasgow, a team was established in 2011 to support global tax reporting, compliance and technical analysis needs.
An analyst is required to undertake a role within the Global Tax Department, based in Glasgow. The Glasgow tax department currently is responsible for all direct tax returns and audits in the EMEA region, together with required tax reporting and bookings, and reporting of U.S. Tax Returns for International, Domestic and State and Local.
In 2017, a New York facing team was established to support tax colleagues with U.S. Federal and State and Local Corporate Income Tax Compliance and Reporting.
The Morgan Stanley Tax Department currently has an interesting and challenging career opportunity for an Analyst, who will be responsible for performing a variety of tasks associated with supporting U.S. Federal and State and Local corporate income tax compliance. These processes will cover multiple legal entities across different businesses.
- Collect data and generate reports from source systems
- Establish tax return workbooks for all entities
- Interacting with third parties (e.g., external service providers, trustees, etc.) to obtain necessary documentation
- Preparation of federal and separate state tax returns and tax return work papers for multiple legal entities across different businesses
- Utilize existing technology platforms including Corptax, TTI, Omega/SAP, and assist with software testing and enhancements
- Conducting tax research
- Collecting and providing data to assist in local jurisdiction tax audits
- Identify deadlines and rebalance workflow to timely complete activities
- Ad hoc duties in support of the Tax Manager and U.S. Corporate Tax team
- Learn and implement standard processes
- Proactively identify and implement process and efficiency improvements
- Should be educated to degree level, or equivalent, preferably in finance or accountancy.
- Must have ability to think critically and self-review
- Strong control focus while maintaining a high level of client service
- Self-motivated, with a desire to succeed and develop professionally and personally
- Ability to multi-task in fast paced environment and be a team player.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Confident working with colleagues in worldwide business locations
- Focus on collaboration across teams and geographic regions
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and financial systems
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. *LI-AM1