Tax Reporting Manager
- Glasgow, Ecosse, Royaume-Uni Glasgow Ecosse GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Morgan Stanley
- 25 juin 18 2018-06-25
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley’s Glasgow office employs in excess of 1,300 staff across Operations, Technology, Legal and Compliance, Internal Audit, Fund Services and Finance. Due to our growing business, we have a demand for career minded people to join our teams. Our opportunities offer unrivalled scope for progression and training within a fast paced, meritocratic and constantly changing environment. Morgan Stanley pride themselves on maintaining a culture which champions diversity, an inclusive environment for all, recognition and an opportunity to give back to our communities through various local charity partnerships. The office is located centrally and enjoys the additional benefits of an onsite gym and restaurant.
The Glasgow Finance team is over 220 strong and spans a wide range of functions including: Market Risk Control; Liquidity Control; Treasury Currency Management; Compensation Control; Tax; Legal Entity Control and Governance; Accounting Advisory Services; General Ledger Governance; Regulatory Reporting and Finance Risk. The variety and scope of our opportunities across all levels allows our employees to enjoy fulfilling and challenging long-term careers. In order to maintain this we require finance professionals of all levels, both qualified and non-qualified, who are committed to working in a challenging and ever evolving industry. For non-qualified candidates we actively support a number of professional qualifications.
A manager is required within the Global Tax Department to undertake a management role in the U.S. Tax Reporting team, based in Glasgow. The Glasgow tax department is responsible for all direct tax returns and audits in the EMEA region, together with required tax reporting and bookings and U.S. Tax Returns for Domestic, International and State and Local.
The Morgan Stanley Tax Department currently has an exciting and challenging career opportunity for a Manager to help run and manage the International U.S. Reporting team and the Glasgow Tax Bookings team, while working closely with the Senior Manager of the team. The role is an important and challenging one, with the successful candidate’s primary responsibility being team management, ensuring deliverables for NY clients are met on a timely, bookings to the firms General Ledger are accurate and an opportunity to learn U.S. tax compliance.
- Responsible for review of data collection analysis and calculations completed by the central team
- Manage resources within the team and coordinate activities with Glasgow Tax leadership
- Obtain an end to end understanding of the U.S. Domestic and U.S International compliance process and dependencies
- Ensure all process steps meet required standards and timelines
- Perform diligence on all Tax bookings to the firms General Ledger for accuracy
- Provide support for status reporting and metrics
- Support the relationship with the NY Tax Technology team
- Manage day to day responsibilities of IT processes
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders around proposed revisions to tax policies and procedures
The successful candidate must have the following prior experience:
- Qualified ACCA/CIMA/CA accountant
- Experience of U.S. GAAP and U.S. Tax systems is advantageous but not essential
- Proven track record of managing processes and of continuously reviewing and improving process required
- Team management experience essential, with track record in development of staff
- Experience of General Ledger Accounting
- Must have ability to think critically and self-review
- Strong control focus while maintaining a high level of client service
- Self-motivated, with a desire to succeed and develop professionally and personally
- Ability to multi-task in fast paced environment and be a team player
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Confident working with colleagues in worldwide business locations
- Focus on collaboration across teams and geographic regions
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and financial systems
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. *LI-EM3