- Glasgow, Ecosse, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 15 févr. 19
Core Components and Architecture (CCA) group within the Technology division of J.P. Morgan Asset Wealth Management (AWM) serves all aspects of the business, providing best in class architecture solutions and services used as the foundation for technology development. CCA is focused on enabling innovation, rapid execution and enabling the product teams across AWM. We develop architectural patterns, best practices, core services and lead the development and implementation of DevOps, Automation, and Cloud Native solutions and technologies.
The group is currently seeking a Vice President for our Delivery Enablement Team to oversee the running of the organization in addition to governance of the group's portfolio of Technology and Organizational Change programs. In partnership with the senior Director, Program Manager and the leads of Architecture and Core Services, you will play a critical role in the success of our modernization and cloud transformation.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in the delivery of strategic technology programs, in addition to management of large scale process improvement or organizational change initiatives. With extensive experience of working at a senior management level, you will be able to demonstrate a record of strategic planning in a large and complex organization and helping to drive cultural change.
You must be able to make a significant and effective contribution to the development and implementation of strategy and policy and therefore must possess a detailed knowledge of technology architecture principles and software development practices and tools, including direct experience of working within an agile software engineering organization.
- Develop and foster a robust community of technology leaders across AWM with a culture of collaboration, openness, innovation and ownership
- Act as an advocate of the Engineering teams across AWM; ensure that training, communications, resources needs are understood, aligned and supported
- Develop the enablement teams strategic goals, Operating models and execution plans to facilitate rollout and adoption.
- Encourage collaboration, information sharing, and discussion to break down silos, build communities and share best practices across AWM Technology
- Actively seek out and incorporate feedback from the engineering teams to focus and refine the approach and resources to enable their success
- Enable and drive ongoing transformation of the organization - Challenge the status quo and identify opportunities to drive change enable delivery productivity
- Foster a culture of open, honest and direct feedback, teamwork and shared success
- Identify process improvements and efficiency enhancements and eliminate unnecessary bureaucracy.
- Partners with senior stakeholders across all technology lines of business within AWM to drive adoption and successful implementation while fostering an environment of feedback and collaboration.
- Work closely with the technology leaders and teams across AWM to identify issues that are impeding high performance delivery and championing their resolution
JPMorgan Chase is a leading global financial services firm with assets of over $1.1 trillion and operations in more than 50 countries. The firm is a leader in Investment Banking, Financial Services for consumers and businesses, financial transaction processing, asset and wealth management, and private equity. Under the JPMorgan and Chase brands, the firm serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients.
- Empathy for delivery teams and a passion for improving both the productivity and experience for teams.
- Expertise working in an Agile project environment and the ability to operate development and architecture discussion forums, through a deep understanding of current application development tools and techniques especially as they relate to Cloud Native development and DevOps.
- Highly driven and results orientated: Drives results through people, communication, influence and interaction.
- A fundamental desire and focus on minimizing overhead and complexity while empowering and enabling self-managing & agile delivery
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills are essential, as are strong diplomatic skills and the ability to manage multiple stakeholder groups.
- A keen ability to plan clearly and strategically in a complex environment and build effective organizational processes that support these plans.
- Degree and/or equivalent combination of education and work experience, bringing strong intellectual capacity, excellent analytical skills and clear, consistent and ethical judgment.
- Experience in software development, organizational transformation and community development