The UXDesigner is responsible for designing the user experience for a suite ofinternal web, desktop, and mobile applications for the Asset Managementbusiness. This role is responsible for design deliverables to supportrequirements building, technical implementation, and user research. UXDesigners will contribute to the definition and validation of UX standards andbest practices across the platform to accelerate user adoption while reducingimplementation, training, and support costs. This position requires strongcross-discipline collaboration with business and technology, the ability tocommunicate the value of UX and evangelize its adoption, while consistentlyrepresenting the needs of end-users. Key Responsibilities:
Skills and Expertise:
- Rapid prototyping and wireframing to illustrate users' needs and to help refine business requirements
- High quality design artifacts to depict finished products.
- Work side-by-side with UI developers to ensure feasibility, scope, and implementation of designs.
- Conduct user research to determine the prioritization and desirability of requirements.
- Define, evangelize, and contribute to a common design system.
- Promote UX process best practices.
- Putting our internal users at the center of the design process.
- Establish strategic relationships.
- Participate in project scoping and planning.
- Appetite and drive for innovation.
- Empathy for internal "expert" users' needs.
- Passion for understanding complex business use cases.
- Expert in UI technology principles such as progressive enhancement, and responsive design.
- Strong familiarity with UI development techniques and frameworks; ability to develop in these frameworks a plus.
- Ability to inspect, debug, and modify HTML and CSS
- Significant experience working in an agile, iterative development process; ability to lead projects through this process a plus.
- Strong knowledge of tools and technologies that aid the UX design and usability process.
- Strong sense of data visualization as a way to convey key metrics and create a data-oriented narrative.
- Ability to deal with competing priorities, motivated by a positive 'can do' attitude.
- Demonstrated ability to meet and enforce deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate at executive levels.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships across all levels and influence key stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills, oral and written communication.
- Able to work with teams across multiple business lines and geographies.
- Significant experience delivering UX with a track record of delivering results.
- Financial services background preferred but not necessary.