Finance Manager Funding Team (EU) Secondment RET 6363
- Halifax, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Lloyds Banking Group
- 15 févr. 19
Finance Manager Funding Team (EU) Secondment RET 6363
27 February 2019
Please note, this vacancy will close at 00:01am on the specified closing date rather than 11:59pm. Please ensure all applications are received before 00.01am on the specified closing date.
£48,636 - £54,040
We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options.
Agile Working Options
Flexible / Variable Hours, Job Share, Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
Maternity leave cover for the Business Banking finance manager role (12 month secondment). All elements of management reporting for Business Banking are covered in this role, with standard BAU outputs and project work being the core parts of the role.
Maternity leave cover for the Business Banking finance manager role (12 month secondment).
Produce detailed analysis to explain the behaviour in financial performance. This will involve having working knowledge of the key drivers in customer behaviour, and the ability to clearly and concisely articulate the underlying movements while highlighting any future risks.
Support the month end journal & reconciliation process, this includes overview and support members of the team in ensuring adherence to GMS, and champion a robust control environment for all our outputs.
Supporting the team in the preparation of insightful written reports to influence the senior executives - including the Product FDs and Commercial Director - and inform their communication with customers in the wider Retail business.
Leading the Finance team supporting the Business partners and Commercial rectification team in management of the balance sheet, ensuring existing provisions and emerging issues are accounted for appropriately.
Supporting the BU Senior Manager in delivering high quality written reports and presentations which articulate business performance to the senior executives (including the FD and Commercial Director) and other senior customers in the business.
Build a wide network of contacts across the Retail business to understand the key financial, commercial and market drivers of the business. Gather and analyse relevant drivers that impact business performance. Support decision-making by the senior executives by clearly articulating the movements, implications and recommendations of performance against forecast.
Key accountabilities/deliverables (not exhaustive):
• Responsible for the delivery of the Monthly Financial reporting for Retail, there will be an ability to understand and communicate the key drivers and movements of performance against forecast through analytical review.
• Oversight of key journals, ensuring controls and Group Minimum Standards are adhered to, so that conversations with internal audit run smoothly.
• Forge enduring business partnerships with the Finance, Commercial and Risk functions and share assumptions and outputs of business performance. Continuously improve the service you offer to internal customers, while also challenging customers on any variances and assumptions as needed, and understand the risks and opportunities affecting the Retail Business.
• Work with a team of assistant managers in pro-actively identifying improvements to the reporting processes which lead to better insight, efficiency and control. Project manage the delivery of these improvements through the team and other specialists.
• Champion a robust control environment over the reported values, consolidation and outputs. Ensure inputs reconcile to data sources and outputs are reviewed and approved. Ensure processes and information comply with audit requirements.
• Develop colleagues in the team by helping to set stretching goals and supporting coaching to maximise their contribution. Provide regular, open feedback and help colleagues develop their careers.
Key Skills & Qualifications
• Pro-active approach to leading projects, with the aim of improving efficiency and control, and driving forward the delivery
• Ability to build productive business relationships, co-ordinate and influence a wide variety of customers to deliver information to exacting deadlines.
• Intellectual curiosity to understand the drivers of the business and the implications of their analysis to decision-makers.
• Experienced in analytical review and variance analysis of financial information.
• Proven ability to construct clearly written reports, which are used to inform debate with Senior Executives.
• Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills.
• A relevant financial qualification.
Key Skills and Knowledge Areas
The Products Reporting & Insight (PRI) Team is focused on becoming the Finance Centre of Excellence for the provision of MI and Reporting.
The team plays an integral role in the communication to the Retail Finance Leadership team and Senior Retail Business Unit Executives, for the Reporting of Management Accounts, Technical Accounting support and management of the Issues Under Management.
The PRI Team supports 4 key business units (Mortgages, Savings, Personal Current Accounts, and Business Banking) and operates a dynamic resourcing structure that allows exposure to all BU's.
Communication and coordination of the month Financials, through detailed variance analysis and value adding insightful commentary, is key in delivering the month end reporting suite for each of the Business areas, along with playing a lead role in driving forward Reporting projects.
Colleagues in the team benefit from a particularly wide-ranging view of part of the Retail business, which provides an excellent opportunity to increase your breadth of knowledge across the businesses.
PRI is committed to developing colleagues, with a balanced focus on training and career development for all, and is open to all forms of flexible working that will meet both the business and colleagues needs.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.