Invesco is one of the world’s leading global investment managers, entrusted with managing $1.2 trillion* in assets on behalf of clients worldwide. We are the 6th largest US retail asset manager and the 13th largest investment manager globally, and our more than 8,000 employees worldwide are dedicated to delivering an investment experience that helps people get more out of life. We are purely focused on managing a comprehensive range of active, passive and alternative investment capabilities, which we draw on to provide customized solutions aligned to client needs, our most important benchmark. (*As of May 31,2019)
Job Purpose (Job Summary):
To support the Head of Finance & Corporate Strategy EMEA with the development, implementation and monitoring of the FCS Global and EMEA business objectives.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
• Strategy - working in close partnership with the EMEA Head of Finance & Corporate Strategy and FCS EMEA leadership team, helping to identify and implement opportunities within the EMEA region that support and enhance the development, implementation and monitoring of FCS Global and Governance – co-ordinate agendas and action points required for various Boards and Executive committees ensuring authors prepare and deliver such on time. Coordinate production of the quarterly EMEA FCS risk assessment and monthly risk RAG reporting
• Communication and People Development – organise the twice-yearly FCS onsite and monthly EMEA Town Halls in conjunction with the EMEA Head of Finance & Corporate Strategy, leadership team and Investing in You Leads. Co-ordinate with HR tracking of completion of performance reviews development plans and career aspirations. Ensure actions associated with Employee Opinion Survey are completed
• Business Partnering - co-ordinate completion of the annual business partnering survey and ensure actions are completed
• Projects - drive strategic and operational finance projects associated with the EMEA business (including acquisitions and transformation initiatives) ensuring all key projects are tracked and reported on
• Other - provide administrative support to the EMEA Head of Finance & Corporate Strategy as required
• Ensure all activities are in line with Invesco’s Conduct principles.
Work Experience / Knowledge:
• Experience of working within financial services, preferably asset management
• Project management experience
• Experience of working in a corporate finance/consultancy type role
• Good understanding of the asset management industry
• Experience of working in a global organisation • Understanding of Invesco’s products, services and culture
• Good knowledge of IT systems and management information; strong in Excel and PowerPoint.
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to adapt style according to the audience and liaise effectively with senior management, including presenting at board level
• Ability to source and understand complex information to draw logical solutions and recommend strategic solutions
• Strong, creative problem solving skills and a strategic perspective • Highly organised, self-motivated with a great deal of initiative
• Resilient and able to demonstrate tact and diplomacy when dealing with confidential and sensitive issues
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to pull together presentations and present information succinctly
• Able to work flexibly in order to meet deadlines and travel overseas
• Part-time working will be considered.
Formal Education: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
• Educated to degree level or equivalent, ideally a business graduate
• Qualified accountant with up to two years PQE.