Fund Oversight Lead Specialist - Broadlands Business Campus (near Horsham)
Who we're looking for
We're looking for someone to oversee the work of one of our third-party suppliers. That means not being afraid to speak up and tackle problems when they come up.
You'll also help your manager run the team.
Because this is a new role, in a new team, in a new location, we need someone who's flexible, creative and curious enough to take on a challenge, rather than tick off set tasks on a to-do list.
It means you'll get the chance to work with different areas of the business, see the big picture, and see your role evolve as the business does. About Schroders
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 4,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper. The base
You'll be based at our new Broadlands Business Campus near Horsham in West Sussex. That's our new operations hub - home to our product reporting and operational oversight for Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
It's a brand new site, and a brand new team, putting digital first. So we're looking for people who are excited about setting things up, shaking things up, and working across teams. It's a chance to shape how we work rather than slot into an established structure.
It'll have same high standards and international reputation as our HQ in the City of London, without being in the city: a big, countryside campus (and no commute on the Tube) means life will feel a little different. What you'll do
• Help develop team members
• Help prioritise and assign work to the team
• Help manage how we sort out problems
• Manage the relationship with transfer agent, always looking for ways to improve
• Help deliver a risk-based oversight model of the transfer agent
• Oversee the day-to-day operations of the transfer agency platform
• Oversee FX services, including reviewing daily reports, checking calculations and monitoring spreads and prices
• Oversee reconciliation: cash, stock, units in issue and tri-party
• Oversee NAV validation and controls
• Oversee month-end global close NAV
• Make sure controls are followed, and that exceptions are escalated quickly
• Maintain fair value and swing policy and make sure it happens
• Set up, maintain and oversee outsourced supplier processing
• Mange risk events and errors and make sure they don't happen again
• Contribute to annual due-diligence visits to TPAs
• Liaise with the Portfolio Ops team on trading and corporate action problems
• Draft and maintain best-practice procedures
• Help prepare SLAs to support processes
• Work with stakeholders to make sure requirements are met and service is in line with the SLA
• Contribute to management information and key performance management that senior management need
• Help design and implement updates or enhancements to processes and systems
• Calculate and provide in-specie portfolio and income data to the Transitions team
• Co-ordinate fund tax liabilities and provide accruals to TPA
• Review quarterly swing factor calculations
• Produce technical data on business change
• Review investor tax reporting for Luxembourg SICAVs The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Knowledge of how funds work
• Knowledge of hedged products, calculation methodologies and collateral management
• A strong working knowledge of transfer agency platforms and processes
• A significant level of fund operations experience
• Experience of BestX or other transaction cost analysis applications
• Good with Microsoft applications, including Excel to an intermediate level
• Good with numbers
• Excellent written and spoken English The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Experience of supervising, coaching or mentoring people What you'll be like
• Good at analysing and solving problems
• Able to prioritise and manage activities for the benefit of the business
• A really good communicator
• Good at working in a team, and with other teams
• A real attention to detail
• Flexible: how we work in this new hub will evolve, so you'll need to adapt
• Able to work under pressure and with tight deadlines. We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.