Software Licence Manager (SNOW Support)
Who we're looking for
We're looking for a Software License Manager who thrives on ensuring software licensing is monitored, reported, and remains compliant across the estate.
We've got a new site, new teams, and new ways of working. So we want someone who can build, lead, and take responsibility of this new area, working with the SNOW software asset management tool. You'll challenge your team members to manage their software and cloud licensing entitlement. And you'll help them to report on this information, ensure we're compliant, and deliver great service all the time. You'll support the Global Technology Software Asset Management function to provide complete visibility over all software and cloud services assets.
You'll be on the frontline - busy, hands-on, and can-do. Making sure the Capability teams have everything they need to do their best. And always looking for ways to improve our service. About Schroders
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 4,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper. The base
You'll be based at our new Broadlands Business Campus near Horsham in West Sussex. That's home to our new Technology Operations Centre.
It's a brand new site, and a brand new team, putting digital first. So we're looking for people who are excited about setting things up, shaking things up, and working across teams. It's a chance to shape how we work rather than slot into an established structure.
It'll have same high standards and international reputation as our HQ in the City of London, without being in the city: a big, countryside campus (and no commute on the Tube) means life will feel a little different. The team
The role is part of a brand new global Governance team, so we're looking for people who are excited about setting things up, shaking things up, and working across teams. It's a chance to shape how we work rather than slot into an established structure. We support our international offices by developing, rolling out and maintaining our systems and processes, using cutting-edge software and hardware. Our new Broadlands Business Campus means there's a great working environment for the team.
We know that helping you balance personal and professional commitments is a big part of that, so we're open to flexible working. You can do this job from 3 to 5 days per week. What you'll do
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- Establish a Software License Management service within Infrastructure and Production Services globally
- Work with and support the Global Technology Software Asset Management function, ensuring consistency, visibility and accuracy of data and reporting from the SNOW tool
- Make sure we're consistent around the world, by working with the teams to own, follow through and fix software licensing issues and to improve common processes and controls
- Produce governance packs to report management information on progress and risk relating to licensing entitlement, and present your proposals for improving compliance, effectiveness and efficiency across the estate
- Nurture good team collaboration by working with team members to discover all assets in the environment, streamline and simplify licenses, make tangible savings and reduce risk
- Keep improving the Governance team's service, by gathering and reporting suggestions for improving customer satisfaction and reducing risk
- Keep up to date with changing licensing requirements
- Uphold our standards, processes and policies
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
- Experience in a software license management role
- Familiarity of a technology estate, including software and cloud services
- Experience of understanding customers, managing data, producing reports, and meeting business expectations
- Experience of processes to keep improving service
- Experience of maintaining a great service across different time zones
- Good with Microsoft-based operating systems, especially Windows 10
- Experience of the Microsoft Office365 suite
What you'll be like
- Knowledge or experience of software licensing tools, especially SNOW
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
- A motivating, challenging and supportive contributor
- A great problem solver with the knack of coaching others to do the same
- A really good communicator - great at listening, persuading, influencing and negotiating
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Good at working in a team, and with other teams
- A real attention to detail
- Able to work under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Flexible and willing to learn - how we work in this new team will evolve, so you'll need to adapt
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.