Senior Finance Analyst
Salary: Not Specified
Location: Ipswich, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
The Role This role will involve producing, maintaining, analysing and communicating financial data such as P&L reports, forecasts and budgets. The role holder will play a pivotal role in maintaining quality of internal analysis both on a retrospective and forward looking basis for respective areaThe Role
This role will involve producing, maintaining, analysing and communicating financial data such as P&L reports, forecasts and budgets. The role holder will play a pivotal role in maintaining quality of internal analysis both on a retrospective and forward looking basis for respective area through application of analytical approach, attention to detail and ability to work to strict deadlines. It will require frequent interactions with wider business and stakeholders at every level. The role will involve producing insightful MI, addressing ad hoc queries, ensuring that GL items are appropriately coded and collaboration with various teams aimed at further enhancing MI quality. Major Accountabilities:
- P&L analysis – maintaining financial records, coding business drivers in collaboration with business stakeholders
- Applying business insight and financial accounting rules to accurate planning and forecasting
- Assisting in developing commercial insight (MI) for the business providing analysis on a retrospective and, more importantly, prospective basis connecting business activity with financial forecasts and plans
- Providing analytical support on the realisation of P&L plans and forecasts for GB businesses
- Proactively identifies areas requiring dedicated focus in context of materiality and with close collaboration with Finance Business Partners enabling correction of potential misstatements and data challenges within timelines dictated by delivery schedule
- Application of the Financial Reporting, Business Planning, Budgeting, and Forecasting processes
- Confidently utilises various systems and tools including GPS, MR3.0 and analysing tools, (spreadsheets, broking systems etc.)
- Supporting colleagues in providing budgets, forecasts and analytics depending on business needs
- Conduct analysis of revenue and expense data across multiple parameters for forward performance management (delivery of management information explaining performance and providing forward looking insight into results, driving consistency of insight and information across business lines and transparency in projected financial results)
- Can perform highly complex tasks and ad hoc analysis to assist management in making well informed business decisions.
- Uses Excel to perform in-depth analysis to create reports, presentations, consolidates information etc.
- Understands and interprets a P&L
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to challenge through critical thinking and articulate presentation
- Preferred internationally recognised accountancy or finance qualification (technician level upwards)
- Excellent financial analysis and analytical skill set with a commercial bias. Very well organised and meticulous planning skills. Excellent written and verbal presentation skills are essential
- Team player and team mind-set is pivotal to success in this role.
The Company Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
Willis Towers Watson believes that effectively managing a diverse workforce is vital to our business strategy. We have an obligation to our organization, ourselves and our clients to hire and develop the best people we can find. We will continually review our policies and practices to ensure that all areas of the employment process (including recruiting, hiring, work assignments, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, company-sponsored development programs and overall workplace experience) are free from discriminatory practices. We are committed to equal employment opportunities at Willis Towers Watson.
Unsolicited Contact: Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson.