My client, a leading investment management firm, are seeking an experience Finance Programme Manager to join their Business Change & Automation department. Reporting to the Head of Change - CFO, CPO and working closely with the CFO function, you will be responsible for delivering a programme to transition of all year end financials reports to a consistent report date (calendar year end). This is a significant programme for the CFO function but also has numerous dependencies on other functions across the business.
As Programme Manager you will be responsible for structuring the programme, identifying phases of project activity; identifying dependencies on other functions; establishing an effective programme governance structure, overseeing the delivery of the programme, providing programme reports and stakeholder communications. Leading this programme will require strong working relationships with a range of stakeholders across the business.
- Work with stakeholders at all levels to identify, analyse and document project requirements and structure work accordingly
- Engagement with business representatives and Technology on systems implementation initiatives to facilitate scoping, prioritisation, benefits identification and tracking, and business / operational readiness
- Identifying and managing dependencies on other functions
- Establishing an effective programme governance structure,
- Liaison with project managers and other departments to coordinate activities and resolve issues on cross divisional projects
- Oversee the delivery of the programme.
- Ensure that programme risks, issues and actions are managed and escalated where appropriate
- Provision of timely, clear and accurate reporting for key stakeholders and interested parties
- Track record in delivering large transformation programmes in a complex, multi-stakeholder environment
- Strong project management skills as demonstrated by ability to deliver projects to time, quality and cost constraints and ability to influence decisions and outcomes
- Strong business analysis and problem-solving skills within a financial services environment as demonstrated through proactive identification of issues and definition of solutions or requirements
- Experience of finance reporting lifecycle and managing finance transformation programmes
- Ability to challenge and question key stakeholders
- Ability to deal successfully with ambiguity and draw out the issues to be addressed
- Proactively drives their own workload and manages their own time
- Ability to act as a business advocate with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Positive, can-do attitude with a strong focus on delivery.
- Experience of working in Financial Services
- Accountancy qualification
- Experience of technology change initiatives and agile and waterfall project management practises
- Technical expertise; competency with Microsoft Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Word and MS Project
- A project management certification, such as Prince 2 or PMP