Purpose of your role
The role is within the Shared Data Services team. The purpose of the records management specialist is to support the Data Governance Programme in identifying those systems and processes impacted by the introduction of the various Data Protection Legislations as they pertain to record and document management, and helping to define appropriate modifications and associated documentation to maintain a compliant status.
You shall assist the business with understanding the record management lifecycle and how best to develop procedures and best practises that ensure compliance with the various Data Protections legislations, Record Management policies and the specific Record retention Schedules for data records categories for both onsite and offsite structured and unstructured data sets in order to mitigate the risk of having over-retained data and the accumulation of ROT across the data stores.
The role requires a skill set that encompasses the full spectrum of business analyst activities through the project life cycle. The role is both business and technology facing and will require excellent relationship management and communication skills to ensure a superior service to stakeholders and technology partners is maintained.
The successful candidate will have experience of working in a regulated environment on similar initiatives, ideally within the financial sector.
Your key accountabilities
· Identify FIL systems and processes that require records management support
· Identify and escalate any risks or issues impacting successful completion of deliverables to the Data Council
Be an individual contributor and work effectively by yourself to deadlines
Your skills and experience
· Business Analysis experience including project management and execution methodologies
· Financial Services and/or Consultancy experience· Previous experience on working on regulatory change initiatives (preference on Data Protection)
· Good understanding of data and data modelling to assist with systems integration planning
· Business Analysis qualification (e.g. ISEB) or equivalent
· Excellent requirements analysis and consultative skills, with a logical approach to problem solving
· Ability to operate effectively with limited oversight
· Excellent communication (written & oral), interpersonal and relationship management skills
· Ability to work in a demanding and fast paced environment with speed and discipline
· Confident working with senior management across multiple business areas
· Ability to review proposed solutions and make recommendations
Ability to create training content to assist business units on embedding records management within their function / sub function etc