As a Barclays Finance Business Partner, you will play an important role in supporting Barclays’ businesses by providing high-quality reporting and accounting services whilst also supporting business planning and strategy. You will be joining an established team, operating in a strong control environment. This is reflected in the design of our operating model and functional lines. We have the critical role of being responsible for the integrity of the financial records for Barclays.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
What will you be doing?
- Managing a team of three to support the Senior FBP in delivering the Corporate COO Technology financials, working closely with Business Managers and Technology business
- Being a Subject Matter Expert (SME) of Barclays Execution Services (BX) consumed view and billing, including analysis and understanding of key variances
- Messaging to Corporate Bank stakeholders and owning billing allocations and methodologies
- Delivering end-to-end Finance reporting that enables management to proactively shape strategy
- Providing full sets of forward looking financial projections (Medium-term Plans), outlook, transfers, scenario analytics & SI (Sustainable Investing) portfolio affordability shape
- Providing strategic financial support including; Quarterly Business Reviews, Monthly Business Reviews, portfolio management
- Supporting capacity creation and Risks & Opportunities management
What we’re looking for:
- Attention to detail and good organisational skills; ability to balance multiple critical requests from various stakeholders with outstanding precision
- Professional accountancy qualification (ACA)
- Knowledge of accounting concepts and rules including P&L, balance sheet, capitalisation, amortisation, accruals, prepayments etc.
- Experience in operating in a multi-geographic, matrix organisation, with proven ability to balance commercial, client, and regulatory needs across businesses and geographies
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Ability to develop and maintain constructive relationships with internal stakeholders across all levels and geographies of the organization
- Significant experience in financial services, experience in cost management preferred
- Excellent communication skills across a variety of forums and mediums. Proven ability to distil information into key messages and deliver succinctly according to audience
- Ability to develop business strategy, communicate in clear and confident manner, and act independently to implement, sometimes using creativity in approach
Where will you be working?
You will be based in Radbroke, Knutsford. The Barclays Technology Campus just outside Manchester is our tech command centre and a vital strategic powerhouse behind our global operations. The campus is set in a 64 acre self-contained site, in a beautiful green environment and it offers unrivalled facilities for work and for play. We have an onsite gym, as well as outdoor tennis, football and cricket areas, as well as onsite restaurant and coffee shops.