As a Barclays Lead Engineer you will be joining the team at an exciting time. You will be responsible for delivering software in support of Barclays' customer facing channels e.g. "TBA" (The Barclays App) and "ROLB" (Retail Online Banking). This is an ideal challenge for you to showcase your exceptional knowledge of the Engineer processes.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
This opportunity is location flexible. We will consider requests for locating the role at an alternative Barclays' key UK office from that advertised. What will you be doing?
• Leading a team of software developers working in the "Feature Team" model to deliver mobile banking solutions
• Designing modifications from supplied requirements and design specifications using agreed standards and tools, achieving well-engineered results
• Creating and amending complex software programs in accordance with the design, following relevant code management procedures and applying agreed coding standards
• Taking responsibility for the design, coding, testing and documentation of particularly large, complex or mission critical software programs
• Planning, designing and conducting tests of programs, correcting errors and re-testing to deliver an error-free product What we're looking for:
• Java experience
• Working knowledge of Mobile Application Server Development
• Understanding of Software Performance modelling and Analysis
• Web Service Development - particularly REST experience Skills that will help you in the role:
• Oracle Certified Java Developer
• Familiarity of using Spring
• Understanding Database Development Where will you be working?
You will be based in Radbroke, Knutsford. The Barclays Technology Campus just outside Manchester is our tech command centre and a vital strategic powerhouse behind our global operations. The campus is set in a 64 acre self-contained site, in a beautiful green environment and it offers unrivalled facilities for work and for play. We have an onsite gym, as well as outdoor tennis, football and cricket areas, as well as onsite restaurant and coffee shops.