SAS Product Specialist
- Leeds, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- HSBC Bank plc
- 21 mai 19
SAS Product Specialist
SAS Product Specialist - Data Services.
Big Bank Funding. FinTech Thinking.
Our technology teams in the UK work closely with HSBC's global businesses to help design and build digital services that allow our millions of customers around the world, to bank quickly, simply and securely. We also run and manage our IT infrastructure, data centres and core banking systems that power the world's leading international bank.
Our multi-disciplined teams include: DevOps engineers, IT architects, front and back end developers, infrastructure specialists, cyber experts , as well as project and programme managers.
We work in small, agile DevOps teams with colleagues around the world from our offices at the Bluefin Building in Southwark, our global headquarters in Canary Wharf, and multiple other locations around the UK including Sheffield, Leeds, Barnsley and Birmingham.
Following extensive investment across our Technology and Digital domains and with plans for continued expansion throughout 2019 and beyond, we are currently seeking a SAS Product Specialist to join HSBC Technology.
As a SAS Product Specialist you'll be part of Group Big Data team within Data Services, managing and supporting the delivery of HSBC's SAS on Hadoop platform. The role consists of providing technical leadership to an experienced DevOps team to deliver and drive adoption of SAS technology across HSBC's Global Business and Global Functions (GB/GFs).
What you will be doing;
- Providing technical leadership and management with clear technical strategy and roadmap
- Work with SAS engineers in multiple locations including UK and India
- Actively engage with different Pod leads and IT teams to understand the situation and provide proficiency advice
- Closely work with Big Data, Cloud and Data architect to implement the target state architecture for Big Data
- Provide technical leadership and consultation
What you will bring to the role;
To be successful in this role you should have proven experience within the Technology sector with knowledge of the following skills:
- Proficiency with SAS and Analytical products including SAS VA
- Experience working SAS integrated with Hadoop as SAS Platform Administrator
- Good knowledge of Big Data querying tools, such as Pig, Hive, and Impala
- Experience with integration of data from multiple data sources in a speedy manner (AbInitio/Pentaho/Podium Data/ Talend)
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as HBase/ Cassandra/ MongoDB
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Python, Weka, NumPy, MatLab,
The locations for this role are Leeds / Sheffield.
Come Power a Business that Defines How to Power the World
HSBC offers the opportunity to develop a fulfilling career within a supportive and inclusive environment. We aim to be a place where everyone can achieve their full potential, regardless of their background. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.