2021, Investment Banking FIG, Summer Analyst, London, United Kingdom
You're the brains behind our work.
You're ready to bring your knowledge from the classroom to the boardroom and Citi wants to help you get there. Whether it's honing your skills or building your network, we know that success can't come without growth. Our programs equip you with the knowledge and training you need to play a valuable role on your team and establish a long-term career here. At Citi, we value internal mobility and career growth is not a question of if, but when.
Citi's Institutional Clients Group (ICG) is looking for summer analysts to join the Investment Banking Financial Institutions Group (FIG) team in London. The Investment Banking group advises corporate clients who want to raise funds in capital markets and who need strategic support in financial transactions. Initiatives you may be working on with clients include mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, financial restructurings, underwriting and distributing equity, debt and derivative securities. If none of these terms make sense right now, that's ok! Our internship is designed to help you increase your knowledge, so whatever your degree is in we will give you the training and support you need to excel. Your time here will look something like this...
* Collect and analyze company information to assist transactions, including conducting industry research, revising and organizing financial data
* Analyze financial data and develop financial models including company valuations, discounted cash flow analysis, financing and comparative analyses
* Create and finalize new business development presentations
* Coordinate tasks with internal and external working teams
* Prepare required internal documentation e.g. control and compliance regulations We provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.
We're committed to teaching you the ropes. The 10 week summer analyst program starts in June and begins with a one week training program in London. After which you'll be assigned to an industry or product coverage group, where you'll focus on financial analysis and business development. Successful summer analysts will be considered for a full time position after graduation. We want to hear from you if...
* You are in your penultimate/final year of university
* Expected to achieve or have achieved a 2:1 (or equivalent) at undergraduate level in any degree discipline.
* You achieved a minimum of 128 UCAS points from one of the following: 3 A-Levels* / 5 Scottish Highers** or 32 points for International Baccalaureate or 75% in your European Baccalaureate or equivalent
* You have an interest in business
* You are fluent in a 2nd language (this is desirable but not essential)
*top three grades sat in the same year and first sitting over 2 years (excluding General Studies).
** from your 5th year at school Who we think will be a great fit...
We're looking for motivated individuals, who are eager to grow their careers in Investment Banking. Successful candidates take pride in all aspects of their work and recognize that it is a reflection not just of the firm, but of themselves. We value diversity and so do you. We'll also be looking for the following:
* Commitment to personal growth and career development, a strong desire to learn, and success in team environments
* Intellectual curiosity and proactive approach to searching for new and creative ideas
* Strong communication, planning, and organizational skills
* Desire to develop a deep understanding of the financial industry
* Unquestioned commitment to integrity ethical decision-making
* Interest in business
Applications will close on 15th November 2020. We will begin to review applications before the deadline and therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Successful candidates will be offered a competitive salary. The role will be based at 33 Canada Square Canary Wharf - London, E14 5LB, United Kingdom.
Before you apply have you visited our ' Career Inspiration Page'? Head over to learn more about life at Citi, ask a question or get handy tips from the previous Q&A.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer.