ABS/MBS Portfolio Manager
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.91 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the worldâ€™s premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
PIMCO is seeking to recruit an ABS/MBS Portfolio Manager based in London to augment the existing portfolio management effort. The team covers all structured products for Europe, and focuses on fundamental and relative value across capital structures and asset classes with a focus on performing, non/re-performing loans in residential, commercial and consumer credit asset classes.
- Key team member in management of PIMCOâ€™s European structured credit exposure
- Sector specialist with focus on residential mortgages across Europe across the credit spectrum and capital structure
- Generate ideas for relative value trades across low discretion and alternatives strategies
- Analysis and trading of primary and secondary ABS/MBS deals
- Assist in analysis, structuring, documentation and liaising with rating agencies for off-the-run structured product opportunities
- Interact with the sell side banks and communicate market information/colour/trends within the desk and to other PMs/committees internally.
- 7-8 years + experience on the sell-side (or top buy-side firm) in structuring/trading role
- Quantitative mind-set with ability to find structural protections/nuances in deals
- Familiarity and expertise in reading offering memorandums, structuring documents, sale agreements and financing term sheets.
- Familiarity with implementing models and frameworks.
- Demonstrated ability to generate ideas and strategies that enhance portfolio returns and mitigate risk
- Bachelor/Masterâ€™s degree required from top school (advanced degree preferred) in technical field: statistics, econometrics or science/engineering
- Ability to work across the organization with portfolio managers, account managers, product managers and others in a collaborative manner.
- Strong communications skills, internally and externally
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office