This highly regarded global investment manager who manage over $50billion AUM are currently seeking a bright, driven, Fund Accountant to join their Portfolio Administration team. The role is suited to high achieving candidates from a leading accountancy, custody, buy side or hedge fund background, who are ACA qualified and have strong investment accounting knowledge. The role offers the opportunity to be part of dynamic team, together with genuine opportunity to develop and progress within the company, for outstanding individuals:
Role & Responsibilities
- Perform the oversight and development of the Fund Accounting team business process; maintaining accurate investment records for each client; preparing regular and ad-hoc client reports and maintaining good working relationships with third parties and both internal and external clients.
- Completion of the fund daily, weekly and monthly cash and security reconciliations ensuring all exceptions are resolved within company guidelines.
- Perform the daily and monthly fund accounting for multi-currency portfolios in accordance with company procedures and industry standards. ·
- Oversight of all daily NAV tolerance reviews completed for each of the Funds. Oversight of all calculated fund advisory waivers, rebates and management fees.
- Review and approve tax filings prepared in each relevant market prior to filing with the relevant tax authorities.
- Lead the ongoing analysis of tax reclaims that are available by market and vehicle type and provide any assistance the Tax Forum may require.
- Review and verify all fund distribution calculations and liaise with implementation to ensure sufficient cash flow is available.
- Review and approve fund financial statements by completing independent verification of figures and disclosures.
- Extensive understanding of all Funds and the different vehicles
- Manage key relationships with external and internal clients and third parties.
- Contribute in regular vendor servicing calls. Escalating current issues and developing plans to resolve issues with the vendor.
- Coordinate and prepare the fund Board Reports and attend Board Meetings when required.
- Collaborate with other departments to complete and submit all Fund Due Diligence Questionnaires. ·
Background & Experience
- Strong investment accounting knowledge
- Outstanding academics; A level Mathematics, Financial Orientated Degree; ACA, CIMA (or equivalent) Qualified; IMC Holder
- Demonstrates high level of attention to detail; strong planning and organisation skills
- Forward thinking, offers solutions and value to the team
- Positive, enthusiastic and strong role model
- Excellent communication/presentation skills
- Gravitas and potential leadership qualities
Please note that due to the high volume of applicants responding to our adverts we are regrettably not able to feedback on all applications; only successful candidates will be contacted