ACCOUNTING POLICY SPECIALIST
- Competitive + excellent benefits
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- BP Plc.
- 16 janv. 18 2018-01-16
This role provides assurance on the application of accounting policy in IST (Integrated, Supply & Trading), supporting and reporting to the IST Head of Accounting Policy. The role covers policy guidance and assurance for the IST Global Oil Europe (GOE), Global Oil Eastern Hemisphere (GOEH) and International Gas (IG) businesses.
The IST Accounting Policy team is responsible for establishing BP accounting policies relating to IST in line with external reporting standards and providing advice and training within IST on the application of these policies. The team also has a responsibility to provide a level of assurance to management that relevant accounting policies have been effectively applied. The team provides advice on all new business initiatives within IST. This role is an excellent opportunity to learn about a wide variety of IST activities and to work with a broad spectrum of people within the organisation.
- Understanding new business activities within GOE, GOEH and IG and providing advice on the accounting treatment of these transactions
- Leading the provision of advice to Finance teams with reference to the Group Reporting Manual (GRM), particularly with regards to commodity contracts, derivative accounting, lease accounting, and working capital management
- You will be responsible for conducting annual reviews for the various regions/businesses, applying the GRM to routine and non-routine transactions
- You will assist in ensuring that the existing accounting policies within the GRM which specifically relate to IST are accurate and updated to reflect the current state of authoritative literature
- You will be expected to provide oversight to the year-end submission of data for ARA/20-F disclosures of IST’s activities
- Staying abreast of emerging accounting literature, you will act as a subject matter expert on new guidance affecting IST’s business. Leading the implementation effort in respect of new accounting standards (IFRS 9, 15 and 16).
- Support the IST Head of Accounting Policy at the APDT and Due Diligence meetings, preparing and presenting on required updates and results.
- Liaising with other IST areas and building your network across the business, including middle office, accounting and reporting, credit, and marketing and origination teams, in understanding IST operations and their impact on policy.
- Network with other Group accounting policy teams to share best practices and lessons learned, ensuring consistent application of policy across the group.
- Lead training on accounting policy matters to a variety of audiences.
Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA, or CPA )
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Technically proficient in IFRS, especially regarding IAS 39/IFRS 9 to energy trading commodity transactions.
- Significant experience in a public accounting firm in relation to IFRS or experience in the accounting for a trading business, preferably commodities based.
- The ability to construct and articulate a logical argument in applying accounting literature to a particular transaction, both orally and in writing.
- An ability and interest in understanding the commercial justification and economics behind structured transactions.
- Demonstrable experience of managing people.
- Assertive, self-starter coupled with integrity, confidence, and credibility
IST fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace for all employees. We are proud of our stance on fairness, equal opportunity and meritocracy, which focusses on all of our employees reaching their full potential.