Role Summary: The AML Surveillance and KYC Analyst will be responsible for performing detailed data gathering and analysis for new client onboarding and periodic reviews to complete KYC checks and Enhanced Due Diligence. Perform initial and ongoing screening and review, risk assess and report any positive/possible alert matches in line with the specified timeframes
Main Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Perform data gathering and analysis for new client onboarding, periodic reviews, for all new clients
- Review all trigger events related to existing clients, where required gather additional supporting documentation
- Undertake AML and sanction/PEP screening, on-boarding due diligence checks and ongoing monitoring ensuring that consistent processes are followed in line with global strategy and requirements
- Carry out complex research/investigations to confirm whether the potential matches to global sanctions lists are actual matches according to laid down guidelines.
- Ensure escalations for sanction/PEP screening, reviewing and assessing the risk for escalations and ensuring that the appropriate course of action is taken.
- Analyse and act on instructions received from MLRO. If unclear with the instruction, raise concerns and suggestion before executing of the instruction.
- Maintain relevant databases and documentation and suggest controls to ensure we comply with regulations
- Communicating professionally and confidently with stakeholders including colleagues and front office account managers as part of the onboarding, periodic review, trigger events and offboarding processes
- To support other team members with AML checks/referrals for escalation
- Maintain effective communication within the business to ensure material issues related to financial crime prevention are escalated as required.
- To support the business during regulatory audits and ensure audit points/findings are timely and effectively actioned
Essential Skills/Experience Required:
- Practical financial crime experience or transferable skills
- Current knowledge of money laundering and sanctions laws.
- Knowledge of fraud, bribery and corruption laws also desirable
- A good knowledge of AML legislation and requirements and an interest in financial crime matters
- A good level of awareness of legal corporate entities and corporate group structures.
- Financial Crime investigation, prevention and/or detection work preferably in the financial services or asset management industry
- Sound knowledge of AML Risk Based Approach concepts
- Sound knowledge of sanctions and politically exposed persons screening systems and transaction monitoring systems.
- Understanding of risk management principles.
- Analytical thinker and excellent attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal, relationship building and written and verbal communication skills
Desired Skills/Experience Required
International Compliance Association Financial Crime qualification, or equivalent professional qualification