AVP - Change the Bank - Program Management - Operations Specialist
- Market Competitive
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Morgan Stanley
- 29 sept. 17 2017-09-29
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic.
Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Operations division is both the first line of defence for protecting Morgan Stanley's financial and reputational well-being, and an essential partner contributing to the firm's growth. Facing off to all Morgan Stanley businesses and interacting with all other parts of the Firm, the Operations division supports a complex, multi-faceted portfolio of businesses in full compliance with regulatory guidelines and the directives of the Operating Committee and Board of Directors. Members of the Operations team have a unique vantage point as the division touches all parts of the business, front to back. One of the largest divisions in the firm, Operations has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, we continually strive to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
The role requires strong execution skills in project management, cross-area governance, business analysis, planning & implementation. It will require the setting up and ongoing management of the Program Management Office for the initiative. This will involve engagement with the respective workstream leads across the spectrum of products, functions, divisions and firm business groups. A good working knowledge of the financial services industry is necessary and Operations experience and subject matter knowledge are a plus.
• Ongoing management a fully functional Program Management Office
• Create materials for program charters, governance models, Workstream structures, key dependencies, RAID logs etc.
• Manage work plan development, requirements collection, issues, risks and scope changes throughout all phases of the project
• Work with stakeholders to prioritize work and drive milestones to completion
• Track and report status on cross-divisional projects being completed by leads across
• Escalate risks and issues to Program Manager
• Organize and maintain PMO artifacts/documents.
• Coordinate user training on various PMO tools such as Sharepoint etc.
• Business Process Definition, Analysis & Solution Design
• Ability to gather, analyze and document business requirements
• Ability to assess current and future state requirements and obtain required sign-offs
• Document future state process flows, incorporating requirements and obtain client validation
• Document high-level road map for coordinating the migration to a future state process
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong sense of ownership and accountability
• Relationship Management
• Interact with managers to help define and document project objectives, governance and priorities within the scope of the project/program/initiative
• Interface with key stakeholders, sponsors and other senior management to confirm program/project sponsorship/support, strategic alignment, and report progress, achievements, significant issues and risks.
• We expect that likely candidates may have developed the necessary competencies in a similar role over 5 -7 year period within CTB or RTB.
• A self-starter and highly motivated; ability to work individually and within a team
• Can work well with ambiguity by quickly adapting behaviour and work methods to adjust to multiple demands and shifting priorities
• Capability to approach problems as challenges and deal with them constructively
• Ability to work within tight delivery timeframes
• Strong written and verbal presentation skills
• Strong analytic and problem solving skills; ability to learn quickly and clarify poorly defined problems
• Good working knowledge of financial services and operations
• Experience working in or managing a PMO overseeing multiple workstreams Subject matter knowledge of products and/or functions in Middle and Back-office Operations
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.*LI-EM2