AWM - Strategic Asset Classification Project Management/Business Analyst - (ROH1241) - Vice President - London
JP Morgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.3 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. We serve millions of U.S. consumers and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients. We are a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in asset and wealth management services. With assets under supervision of $2.0 trillion and assets under management of $1.4 trillion, we are one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world. Overview
Availability of high quality data to support our businesses meet clients' needs is critical and strategic priority for Asset & Wealth Management (AWM). The Chief Data Office (CDO) was established in 2014 to define AWM's data strategy and support for the core data used across AWM and needed to run our business, such as client data, reference data, product data, securities and pricing data, transactions and holdings, and index & benchmark data. The AWM CDO is positioned in the Asset & Wealth Management Operations division, within AWM Center. We work with the AWM businesses and Firmwide CDO to analyze data, ensure data governance and data quality standards are in place, look for efficiencies in business processes and associated market and reference data costs, and work with our technology partners to implement solutions.
The Project Manager / Business Analyst will be based in London; it's intended to fulfill a critical role within the Instrument & Pricing Data Domain supporting the integration of a global asset classification system of record and the adoption by Wealth Management (WM) business applications. The incumbent will be a key link between program management and tech teams and business stakeholders. The analysis work will focus on dependencies and sequencing for adoption across multiple business units. Understanding of current state i.e. legacy sources and distribution hubs in WM as well as, the understanding of the data in the systems of records are key to success of the integration and adoption efforts. The underlying value proposition is to provide consistent data across all utilities.
The assignment requires a significant experience and domain knowledge of securities reference data covering all asset classes, mastering concepts and data usage in downstream consuming systems. The analysis work will be performed under an ecosystem of systems platform that include Omni, Olympic, Manta, EDPI, GIM and a number of business workflows and application hubs including Connect, Sparta, etc. Roles and Responsibilities
- Partner with business and product owners to implement a strategic asset classification globally
- Lead and participate project and program related working group and meetings e.g. cross-business stakeholders meetings, Firmwide working groups.
- Define integration requirements with AWM sourced and derived data
- Define, manage and analyze requirements to support asset classification data adoption
- Implement data quality standards and processes
- Engage business users including Front Office trading desks, Compliance, Risk, Finance and Technology teams and collaborate on a development of an adoption roadmap
- Document and track project reporting metrics and scorecards
- Chief Data Officer
- Data Governance Lead
- Chief Information Architect
- Technology Leads and teams
- Operations partners AWM and FW
- Line of Business participants
- Data Domain Leads
- Data Domain Stewards
- Extended Technology partners and teams
- Finance, Risk & Compliance partners and teams
- Significant experience in a major financial services organization, with data project management experience e.g. business analysis and Data/system migration projects
- Deep knowledge of data domains (Including Securities, Party & Product data needed by an Asset & Wealth Management organization.
- Strong Knowledge of best practices for Business Requirements Documents (BRD's)
- Proven ability to translate requirements into data modelling, adhering to firm-wide architectural standards, such as logical to physical data modelling
- Thorough understanding of the financial services industry and businesses e.g., buy side/Sell side as well as related operations and technology functions
- Awareness of data related industry regulatory requirements
- Background in data management practices, business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets and data quality framework
- Bachelor in Business Administration, Finance, Computer Science, MIS, or Information Management or equivalent
- Team player with strong culture awareness, personal and professional integrity and work ethic
- Ability to analyze complex problems, define the root cause of the problem and present alternative proposals
- Ability to develop cooperative and constructive relationships across business functions (Front Office, Middle Office Operations, Technology, Risk, Compliance, Finance)
- Result orientation, willingness to commit to delivery and take charge
- Strong securities /reference data domain knowledge
- Highly skilled in productivity tools e.g. PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, Project, Alteryx & Tableau
- Experienced in creating presentations for senior management
IPB2021 About Us
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the "WELL Health-Safety Rating" for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment. As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. These requirements may include sharing information in the firm's vaccine record tool, vaccination or regular testing, mask wearing, social distancing and daily health checks. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans About the Team
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management delivers industry-leading investment management and private banking solutions with client assets of $4 trillion. Asset Management provides individuals, advisors and institutions with strategies and expertise that span the full spectrum of asset classes through our global network of investment professionals. Wealth Management helps individuals, families and foundations take a more intentional approach to their wealth or finances to better define, focus and realize their goals.
Operations teams develop and manage innovative, secure service solutions to meet clients' needs globally. Developing and using the latest technology, teams work to deliver industry-leading capabilities to our clients and customers, making it easy and convenient to do business with the firm. Teams also drive growth by refining technology-driven customer and client experiences that put users first, providing an unparalleled experience.