Accounting Policy/Advisory - AVP
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Londres Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- B&FS Finance
- 18 juin 18 2018-06-18
Top Tier bank are recruitng for an AVP within technical accounting. Great opportunity for those from the Top 4/Top 2 in External Audit or Advisory.
The successful candidate will become a member of the Accounting Policy team, reporting to the team head (Director). The candidate will be providing technical accounting guidance applicable to the banks reporting. Support Finance and Business functions in understanding accounting applicable to their activities, products, and transactions and support relevant areas in assessment of accounting judgemental matters.
- Accounting issues management and resolution working across different businesses/areas of the bank and engaging multiple stakeholders. Requires strong networking and influencing skills to develop suitable relationships as well as strong communication and presentation capabilities to contribute effectively in meetings.
- Review and approval of new transactions and new products including contributing to transaction development. This includes transactions by (purchases, disposals, investments of businesses etc) those entered into with and for clients. Requires obtaining a full understanding of the business rationale and transaction economics then applying to each element of the transaction the appropriate accounting requirements as per the relevant internal and external standards.
- Support for the design and delivery of technical accounting training materials to Finance colleagues, other support functions and front office. Delivery of training requires high standard of presentation skills.
- Implementation of new accounting standards and review and remediation as required for application of existing requirements. Demands ability to engage with colleagues in other functions to ensure that the new technical requirements are capable of being translated and implemented within the systems..