Accounting & Reporting Finance Manager
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 17 nov. 17 2017-11-17
At Sainsbury’s Argos, the great digital transformation is under way. It’s our aim to become the digital market leader in choice, value and convenience, so our Finance teams are more important to us now than ever before. They’re the people who provide support across the business and help make the crucial decisions that will allow us to develop into a leading digital retailer.
We have joined Sainsbury’s in our journey to become a leading retail organisation and ensuring we place our customers at the heart of everything we do. Together we have a great opportunity to build a brilliant future and do a fantastic job for all our customers.
The Reporting & Forecasting team provides a key link between the various business partnering and FP&A teams across the business to create budgets, forecasts and strategic plans as well as delivering corporate performance reporting e.g. weekly trading packs, periodic management accounts and investor relations analysis.
As Accounting & Reporting Manager, you will lead the team that provides reporting requirements and support, to the business trading teams as well as business partner finance teams, by providing them with financial information and analysis to enable and help them to make sound commercial business decisions. You will lead and drive improvements in the development of procedures and processes to facilitate an accurate view of sales and adjusted margin on a weekly, periodic and quarterly basis. You will also lead and own the production of standardised reporting suites for Business Partnering teams to drive productive action / improved business performance in collaboration with the business.
As Accounting & Reporting Manager, your main responsibilities will include:
- Lead the accounting process to drive and execute standard period-end transactions and journals in the core finance system, working together with the business to drive completion of accurate and representative financial statements, for review by the Reporting and Forecasting Controller and senior management.
- Drive and lead the development of standardised reporting & insight for Business Partnering teams to support clear business decisions to either drive action / improved business performance in collaboration with the business.
- Communication and explanation of period-end results to the agreed deadlines and standards to senior management.
- Drive the implementation of Finance improvement initiatives as well as leading the move to best practices to enhance process efficiency and quality of outputs.
- Lead and Support external audit preparation.
- Drive and own the financial control process to ensure results are reported in a timely and accurate manner.
- Lead and develop team of six individuals.
Your skills & experience will include:
- Qualified Finance professional with ideally 5+ years PQE.
- Possess strong technical accounting background.
- Understand drivers of business performance and the levers available to impact performance.
- Strong analytical ability with Excel & Access skills with high attention to detail.
- Ability to operate and influence effectively at a senior finance level.
- Assertive, challenging and confident with strong inter-personal skills.
- Exposure of working with and presenting analytical results to Non-Finance audiences.
- Strong coaching and team leadership ability.
- Previous experience gained within a Retail or similar business is desirable.
What you’ll get in return:
If being part of a hugely influential Finance team wasn’t enough, you’ll also receive a host of great benefits. As well as a competitive salary and bonus scheme you will receive a huge range of learning and development opportunities, 24 days’ holiday, healthcare, a save-as-you-earn scheme, pension and staff discounts at Argos, Sainsbury’s and Habitat.