Algorithmic Trading Java Developer
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Londres Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 23 mai 18 2018-05-23
Algorithmic Trading Java Developer
Corporate Title: Up to Vice President (Up to VP)
Line of Business: GBAM Technology
We have a great opportunity available as an Algorithmic Trading Java Developer to join our team in London; to work on new initiatives and support for business critical algorithmic trading engines.
Our ETT team supports the Electronic Trading business in the Global Markets and Investment Banking Group. We provide creative solutions for low touch, low latency trading, which includes FIX connectivity, low latency market connectivity, smart order routing, algorithmic trading and internal crossing.
We are a global team with a solid presence in every region (AMRS, EMEA and APR). We aim to maintain a global perspective while recognising and responding to specific regional requirements that make each market unique.
You will be joining a diverse team of experienced developers, business analysts and QA authorities working very closely with the business group. Our team supports an existing fully featured Electronic Trading product set and is also actively rolling out the next generation Electronic Trading platform. The next generation program is a sizeable investment in ensuring that the business is ready for handling higher volumes of market data and customer flow efficiently.
You will be working on a number of algorithmic engines that support benchmark algos, smart order routing and internal crossing, serving the EMEA as well as global electronic business. Apart from a continuous stream of strategy improvements, brand new trading strategies and regulatory requirements, our team is also working on various framework related items. The underlying platform has been built on a Java framework with next-generation ground-breaking low latency and high throughput at the heart of the application.
As an Algorithmic Trading Java Developer what will your main responsibilities involve?
- Delivering key functional changes to the ETT strategy engines
- Delivering core framework-level changes
- Collaborating with quantitative trading group / quantitative to assemble core requirements
- Being involved with all aspects of the development lifecycle (gathering requirements, developing code, writing unit tests, reviewing patches, performing 2nd level support etc.)
- Collaborating closely with many business partners
As an Algorithmic Trading Java Developer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- University degree in a technical, numerical or science based subject; fields such as computer science, electronic engineering or computational finance would be helpful; or you will possess the equivalent experience
- Excellent communication skills
- In-depth understanding of core Java API's (collections, concurrency, NIO etc.)
- Have an understanding of and experience with multithreaded systems, working knowledge of the Java garbage collector, familiar with low latency I/O
- Experience with design patterns (Observer, Factory, Singleton etc.)
- Development practices - You can use test driven development and be familiar with UML and OO design. You will experience with Eclipse or IntelliJ, GIT, continuous build servers and Maven / Gradle
- Standout Colleague - Able to work with and help more junior members as well as take technical direction from the team lead
- Can demonstrate ability to work in a multi-faceted role (development with some testing, support and analysis.)
- Understanding of benchmark algo and/or smart routing strategies (VWAP, TWAP, Arrival Price etc.)
- Experience working with agile methodologies is helpful
- Demonstrable experience of front office system design and architecture (algo-trading plant and topology)
- Business Knowledge - Understanding of equities and/or derivatives markets
- Knowledge of FIX (heartbeating, login, sequence numbers, message types etc.)
- Demonstrates Initiative and Motivation
- Handles reputational risk
- Integrates IT and Business
- Adapts One's Own Skills / Abilities
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.