- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Londres Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Validus Risk Management
- 24 avr. 18 2018-04-24
The analyst role sits within the Service Delivery team at Validus which comprises both our Strategy Consultancy desk and our Trade Execution Advisory desk.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Analysts work closely within both the Strategy Consultancy and Trade Execution Advisory functions. Key tasks include:
1. Strategy Consultancy
- Preparing analysis and ad-hoc research
- Constructing and delivering presentations to clients
- Developing knowledge and skills related to financial market risk management
- Understanding the alternative Investment industry (Private Equity & Debt)
2. Execution Advisory
- Assisting with the execution of client trades, including pricing OTC derivatives
- Helping clients monitor and prove Best Execution via TCA
- Understanding trade lifecycle including reconciliation and settlements
- Working with counterparties to setup clients including negotiation of ISDA and CSA agreements
The role will include contact with clients and the focus is to learn and develop a set of skills that will enable you to quickly progress within the business to a more senior position.
This is an ideal role for someone looking to develop all-round investment skills in a fast-moving, entrepreneurial environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
1. 1-3 years professional experience within financial services
2. Relevant undergraduate degree
3. Strong numerical and analytical skills
4. Understanding of risk management in financial markets
5. Good team-working and communication skills
6. Ability to perform in a high-pressure environment under tight deadlines
7. Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
1. Working towards additional qualification e.g. CFA, FRM, AMCT/MCT, CIMA, IMC, CAIA, etc
2. Knowledge of Alternative Investment Funds
3. Exposure to trading of OTC instruments
4. Coding: VBA, SQL, R, Python, Matlab, etc
5. Regulatory experience
6. Fund Accountancy / actuarial exposure
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Validus Risk Management is an independent advisory firm specialising in the management of FX, interest rate and other market risks. We work with alternative investment funds and portfolio companies to design and implement strategies to measure, manage and monitor financial market risk, using a market-tested combination of specialist consulting services, trade execution and innovative risk technology.
Working at Validus can offer an exciting opportunity for both personal development and professional growth. Share in our mission to become the largest and most respected specialist provider of financial market risk services in the world. Other benefits include a competitive remuneration package, pension contributions, regular social events, free parking, train ticket loans and financial support towards professional qualifications.
Validus is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.