Analyst, ESG Model Development, Trucost
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- S&P Global
- 09 déc. 18
Analyst, ESG Model Development, Trucost
The Role: Trucost, a leader in Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) data and risk analysis, part of S&P Global, is seeking an ESG Model Specialist to join our Data Strategy & Operations team, based in London. The role provides an opportunity to work at the forefront of innovation in the field of sustainable finance. The successful candidate will help to shape S&P Global's cutting-edge framework for measuring the ESG performance of companies, portfolios and investment products, and will be responsible for developing the proprietary models and datasets required to deliver this essential intelligence to our clients.
The Location: London, UK.
The Impact: Trucost's expertise is providing data leveraged analytics and insights on ESG performance so that businesses and investors can understand how to direct investments that create value and avoid risk. We have been informing companies, financial institutions, regulators and thought leaders since 2000. Our carbon data underpins the S&P Global Carbon Efficient Indices, recently selected by Government Pension Investment fund for Japan (GPIF) to serve as the benchmark for their ESG investment strategy. Central to our approach is Trucost's advanced environmental profiling model, which enables us to calculate a company's environmental dependencies across its value chain, based on a combination of company disclosed information and modelled data. In this role, you will contribute to the continued expansion of Trucost's modelling capabilities to cover a broader set of ESG risks and opportunities.
The Career Opportunity:
- A high-impact role, with responsibility for key inputs to S&P Global's core ESG products & services.
- Build a career with a global company.
- Work with a diverse international team, incl. senior stakeholders across all four S&P Global divisions.
- As a high performing technical specialist, you will have access to S&P Global's vast array of technical trainings, and the opportunity to develop your expertise in an expanding team with global reach.
The Team: Our team is composed of experienced professionals driven to identify the transformative solutions of tomorrow. The business has a casual and friendly atmosphere with an entrepreneurial spirit. We value teamwork and it is crucial that you are a team player in order to be successful within our organization.
- Participate in technical workshops and cross-divisional strategy planning sessions to guide future innovation and the enhancement of S&P Global's ESG framework.
- Develop high-quality data models in Microsoft Excel, VBA, R, Python (or similar) to meet growing demand from our customers for more sophisticated ESG products and tools.
- Identify new datasets to inform broader ESG performance analytics, and support ongoing database management.
- Clearly communicate insights and complex technical approaches to clients and internal stakeholders, verbally and in writing (incl. detailed methodology report writing & graphical representation of data).
- Work collaboratively with a diverse team across multiple locations to promote modelling best-practice, and ensure quality of deliverables.
- Strong technical skills in Microsoft Excel (and preferably VBA).
- Minimum of two years' professional experience working with large, complex datasets to support business and investment decision-making, incl. demonstrated ability in data quality control, source documentation, and synthesis of complex technical data to develop meaningful insights for clients.
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree or equivalent in science, economics, engineering, mathematics, or similar quantitative discipline.
- Minimum of A-level or equivalent in mathematics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, incl. confidently presenting complex information to clients & other key stakeholders in ways that they can easily understand and inform their actions.
- Self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented, with a positive, "can do" attitude.
- The candidate should be conscious of detail and numerically proficient, with natural curiosity and an innovative approach to problem solving.
- Personable, with a demonstrated strength in planning and executing work assignments to tight deadlines, independently and as part of a diverse international team.
- Fluent written and spoken English (additional languages will be looked upon favorably).
- Good awareness of S&P Global's traditional business, and a view on how to integrate ESG into future product development.
- Master's degree in sustainability, or relevant work experience.
- Professional experience in sustainability research and/or ESG, incl. technical experience using and manipulating ESG datasets. Preferably with experience applying environmentally extended input-output (EEI-O) modelling and life-cycle assessment (LCA) to evaluate business ESG risks & opportunities.
- Education or professional experience in environmental economics, particularly monetary valuation of externalities.
- Strong awareness of trends in ESG to be able to build the next generation of best-in-class ESG data products.
- Programming languages, incl. R, Python (or similar).
- Other data software packages, incl. Alteryx, Tableau, Power BI (or similar).
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person's ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.