Analyst, Management Information / Business Objects Developer
We are currently seeking an individual with passion in Data Management to join our Information Data Management team. Please reach out directly if you are interested in the role. #VBA #SAP #Lumira #MicrosoftBI #DataManagement #SalesForce
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. (MUFG) is one of the world’s leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with approximately 350 years of history, MUFG has a global network with over 2,300 offices in more than 50 countries. The Group has over 150,000 employees and offers services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing.
Overview of the Department / Section:
The Information and Data Management (IDM) department is responsible for data management and MI production across all international subsidiaries of MUSHD and MUFG EMEA. The mandate for the department is to:
- Develop a business led, technology enabled data strategy and roadmap for delivery of data management target state
- Develop a data governance framework and establish data related policies and procedures to improve the value of data
- Source, validate and maintain master data repositories of market and reference data
- Agree data quality standards with business owners and track metrics and continuously improve data processes
- Investigate and analyze data issues, identify the root cause and recommend control improvements
- Deliver accurate, timely and insightful MI to the international business to support executive decision making and to meet statutory and regulatory reporting requirements
Within IDM, the Development team is primarily responsible for:
- Develop and support an MI platform optimised for the aggregation of data and the reporting of processed and analysed information
The team operates internationally with staff currently based in London and New York.
Main Purpose of the Role:
- Support and develop reports for financial and risk reporting, working closely with data warehouse developers and business stakeholders.
- Support and facilitate migration of tactical Excel and Access VBA risk and finance applications, used for reporting, onto strategic architecture.
- Translate finance and risk reporting requirements into reporting deliverables.
- Manage and monitor daily scheduled delivery of reports.
- Deliver and facilitate ad-hoc analytics, MI and reporting.
- Liaise with Finance, Risk, Operations and within IDM to establish and analyse reporting requirements.
- Support and develop reports primarily using SAP Business Objects Web Intelligence.
- Support and develop dashboards using SAP Lumira, Sales Force Wave and\or Microsoft Power BI.
- Support and rationalise tactical legacy Excel and Access VBA applications, primarily for market and credit risk reporting, and facilitate migration onto strategic architecture.
- Coordinate and manage time critical automated report schedules and publications.
- Identify, understand and define data requirements and data models to optimise business reporting.
Skills and Experience:
- SAP Business Objects Web Intelligence report development.
- VBA for Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access.
- SQL (Structured Query Language).
- Demonstrable interest in data and reporting; modelling, mining, processing and reporting.
- Demonstrable interest in banking and finance.
- Desired: Dashboard or analytics development using SAP Lumira, Microsoft Power BI or Sales Force Wave.
- A self-starter who can work autonomously and has a track record of promoting and driving organisational change.
- A structured and flexible approach, calm under pressure, and the ability to effectively prioritise.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels across the organisation.
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to collaborate and partner across the firm.
- Strong team player with a professional approach.
- Ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines with flexibility to adapt to urgent tasks as well as undertaking longer-term solutions.
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.