Overview of Department/Section
Acts as a settlement function for Transaction Processing. Responsible for processing London customer remittance payments in multi-currencies through multiple channels. Manages settlement related intra-day queries to achieve smooth settlement.
Main Purpose of the role
To be responsible for the processing and releasing of incoming and outgoing instructions, ensuring timely execution of all customer transactions (Branch and Corporate) and successful completion of the departments’ operational obligations for both incoming and outgoing transactions. The completions of intra and end of day checklists to ensure that all required transactions and payments have been processed.
• Assist the Supervisors in executing all daily tasks in adherence with Head Office rules, applicable legislation and Departmental procedures through accurate and timely input and verification.
• Provide customers both internal and external with sound knowledge and guidance on the department’s processes ensuring timely responses are maintained. Assist Supervisors in ensuring high level of customer service is adopted by all members of the team and escalate any unresolved items immediately to the Senior Associate.
• Understand all internal and external processes and procedures whilst highlighting any changes and suggesting improvements.
• Build effective relationships within the team by dealing with situations consistently, honestly and fairly, and providing constructive and positive feedback.
• Work and co-operate as directed by line Management to achieve common goals.
• Build relationships throughout MUFG to establish a peer network, gather relevant information and help to ensure effective inter-departmental collaboration.
• Operate as product specialist providing subject matter expertise where required.
• 2 years banking experience within a payments processing environment
Skills and Experience
Functional / Technical Competencies
• Knowledge of SWIFT message types and Payment Systems; CHAPS, BACS, SEPA, FPS, TARGET 2
• Microsoft Office Suite
Education / Qualifications
• A Levels or equivalent
• Excellent communication skills
• A proactive, motivated approach.
• The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
• Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
• A structured and logical approach to work
• Strong problem solving skills
• The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
Performance and Duties
The role holder will be assessed in accordance with their employing entity’s performance framework and process with relevant input obtained from the dual hatting entity as relevant.
As duties and responsibilities change, the job description will be reviewed and emended in consultation with the role holder. The role holder will carry out other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the role as requested by their line manager or Department Head.
Managing conflicts of interests
• The role holder will have responsibilities for both MUFG Bank and MUFG Securities EMEA plc.
• The role holder will be required to perform their duties and responsibilities on an entity neutral basis, without favour.
• The role holder is required to follow regulatory requirements applicable to ensure each business is appropriately supported and to maintain the legal entity integrity of each of MUFG Bank and MUS.
• Working terms are dictated by functional mandates, the terms of the Dual-Hat Arrangement Agreement in place between MUFG Bank and MUFG Securities EMEA plc and any other relevant agreements entered into between MUFG Bank and MUFG Securities EMEA plc.
• The role holder will have responsibility for identifying and resolving where there may be a difference or conflict in needs between MUFG Bank and MUFG Securities EMEA plc, escalating to their manager where required.
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements.