We are MUFG. 360 years of heritage. A world-class set of businesses. And more than 180,000 employees in 50 markets. It’s no surprise that MUFG has grown to become one of the top five banks in the world. Our services include commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing. MUFG offers stability in an ever-changing market, providing services to high-profile clients worldwide. Our vision? To become the world’s most trusted financial group. You’ll help us achieve it. Please visit our website for more information - mufgemea.com.
OVERVIEW OF THE DEPARTMENT/SECTION
In MUFG, Economic Research Office (ERO) provides central function of macro-economic and financial research. ERO’s clients are both external and internal, ranging from the bank’s clients to other divisions within the bank. ERO publishes various reports, delivers presentations and prepares materials for meetings. ERO is expected to provide corporate clients with economic information and analysis and to make contribution internally in the scopes of planning, credit management and risk management of MUFG.
NUMBER OF DIRECT REPORTS
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- Translating economic reports from Japanese to English and proofreading English reports
- Supporting economists by providing preliminary research and data manipulation
- Providing general administrative support to the team
- Translating economic reports from Japanese to English
- Proofreading English for colleagues’ economic reports
- Providing preliminary research & data manipulation for colleagues’ economic research
- Handling data requests from internal/external stakeholders in English and Japanese
- Providing general administrative support such as report distributions, subscription management, IT support, office supplies management, travel booking, invoice/cost control, etc.
- Experience working for a Japanese company
- Experience working in finance/research
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Functional / Technical Competencies:
- Experience in Japanese-English translation
- Excellent verbal/written English and Japanese
- Strong degree of financial/numerical literacy
- Interest in politics/economics and current events in EMEA region
- Basic computer literacy including Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience working with statistics/economic data
Education / Qualifications:
- Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) N1/N2 or equivalent
- Economics/finance degree or equivalent
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong numerical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A proactive, motivated approach
- A structured and logical approach to work
- Ability to work independently
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements