My Client is a software and data engineering consultancy that enables technological and organisational transformation for many of the world’s leading organisations - be they commodity or energy traders, banks or investment managers, digital disruptors or public sector providers. They envisage, design and deliver software and data engineering solutions that users want, need and love to use. They typically deliver high-risk, high-profile and time-constrained projects in less time than competitors, often significantly so.
We are currently looking for an experienced contract developer with strong Angular development skills and knowledge of C# on the back end to join one of our project teams. Experience in financial services, energy trading or commodities domains is essential.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Working with a dedicated client team to provide software solutions for our clients
- Being the go-to person on the team for front-end development
As a senior developer, you will be expected to perform the following activities:
- Work directly with clients to identify current and future requirements
- Ensure high standards of code quality are met through measures such as peer review and appropriate testing
- Collaborate closely with the team and external stakeholders to maintain their reputation for quality and service
- Proven and extensive experience with Angular
- Experience working in front office trading environments to develop bespoke solutions incorporating visualisation and data analytics
- Experience developing interactive dashboards and reporting UIs
- Experience with developing REST APIs with C# and Spring Boot
- Experience with AG-Grid
- Experience in design and building middleware API layer using best practices and workflows
- Unit testing with experience of TDD
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with Git source control
- Consultancy mindset - demonstrates genuine empathy and desire to work collaboratively to solve customer problems
- Commercial awareness - a desire to use technical skills to drive business improvement and profitability
- Good prioritisation and time management
- A proactive approach to problem solving, taking ownership of issues and having the determination to follow things through
- The ability to present and absorb complex ideas quickly and accurately
- A team player, self-confident and collaborative
- Attitude - enthusiastic, positive, and self-motivated
- Experience working with large and complex data sets
- Solid skills in SQL and JPA
- Cloud experience (Azure) is highly desirable.
- Experience with BASH scripting
The selection process:
- Selected candidates will undergo an initial phone screen followed by a technically focused remote selection process with potential peers and leadership.
- We undertake background checks as part of our compliance requirements, the type of which depend on the level of security required for the role or client project.