Asset Management - Company Secretary – Vice President
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is a leading global financial services firm with assets of more than $2.7 trillion, over 240,000 employees and operations in over 60 countries. It operates across four business segments including Asset & Wealth Management, Corporate and Investment Banking, Commercial Banking and Consumer and Community Banking.
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
Asset Management is a leading investment manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediaries and individual investors, worldwide. With a heritage of more than two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies, and investment professionals operating in every major world market, we offer investment experience and insight that few other firms can match. Role Summary:
The core objective of the open position is to fulfil the legal duties of a company secretary for a number of investment trusts, but the role goes significantly beyond this into the wider aspects of running the trusts and you will provide information and advice to the boards to enable them to make decisions. You will be an experienced company secretary with a proven track record of excellent performance and ambition to advance your career. Operating as part of a team of 7 qualified company secretaries and a broader department of 25. Responsibilities:
Specific duties include the following:
- Fulfilling the legal duties of a company secretary for a portfolio of investment trusts
- Providing comprehensive legal and administrative support and guidance to the boards of directors
- Assisting in the implementation of corporate strategies by ensuring that the boards' decisions and instructions are properly carried out and communicated
- Ensuring that the companies comply with all relevant statutory and regulatory requirements
- Communicating with shareholders as appropriate
- Acting as the appointed representative of JPMF in respect of the duties as set out in the management agreements between JPMF and the investment trusts
Essential qualifications and skills:
- Board Meetings
- General Meetings
- Articles of Association
- London Stock Exchange Requirements
- Annual and Half Year Report and Accounts
- Shareholder Communications
- Share and Capital Issues and Restructuring
- Corporate Governance
- Board Communications
- Companies House Filings
- Maintenance of the statutory registers.
- Liaison with the companies' registrars.
- Provision of reports and information on a regular basis to internal and external persons.
- Degree or similar standard of higher education
- Associate member of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ACIS)
- Minimum of 8 years' post-graduate working experience, preferably in financial services and/or investment management
- Commercial mind-set with the ability to see the 'bigger picture' and think beyond the core responsibilities of company secretaries
- Self motivated as well as a strong team player with a keen sense of ownership and desire for continuous improvement
- Detailed working knowledge of company law and understanding of accountancy
- Presentable with strong communication skills
- Able to handle time pressure and a number of projects at the same time
- Well organised and have good planning skills
- PC skills, including spreadsheets
Please note w orking hours fluctuate and can involve extra hours at peak periods. It is likely that you will be required to accompany the boards on overseas business trips.
JPMorgan offers an excellent benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.