Asset Management - European High Yield Credit Analyst - VP
JPMorganChase & Co . is a leading global financial servicesfirm with assets of more than $2.7 trillion, over 240,000 employees andoperations in over 60 countries. It operates across four business segmentsincluding Asset & Wealth Management, Corporate and Investment Banking, CommercialBanking and Consumer and Community Banking .
J.P.Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, is a global leader in investment andwealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individualsand retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The divisionoffers investment management across all major asset classes including equities,fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individualinvestors, the business also provides retirement products and services,brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgagesand deposits.
Asset Management isa leading investment manager of choice for institutions, financialintermediaries and individual investors, worldwide. With a heritage of morethan two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies, andinvestment professionals operating in every major world market, we offerinvestment experience and insight that few other firms can match. Team
Located in London and sitting with JPMAM's Global Fixed Income and Currencygroup the European High Yield team manages ca. €6bn in assets and is part ofour ca. $30bn Global High Yield business. Its strategies include the Euro HighYield Bond Fund and the Euro Short Duration High Yield Fund. In addition theteam co-manages both retail and institutional Global High Yield mandates inconjunction with their US high yield colleagues. Role
The European high yield analyst will work as part of the European high yieldresearch team which reports the portfolio manager. The individual will conductdetailed fundamental analysis of European high yield credits and will beresponsible for making security-specific recommendations from within his or herassigned sectors. The analyst will participate in individual credit discussionswith his/her peers as well as present periodic sector reviews. Familiarity withEuropean leverage finance markets will be essential to making a meaningfulcontribution to the team's regular portfolio strategy meetings.
This role encompassesthe performance of regulated activity. The successful candidate willtherefore be subject to meeting regulatory requirements in the assessment offitness, propriety, knowledge and competence (as assessed by the Firm) and(where appropriate) approval by the relevant regulatory authorities to carryout such activities.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of relevant Asset Management/Investment experience, ideally in the European High Yield space.
- The individual should have previous experience in a buy-side role working withportfolio managers and fellow analysts to provide sector-based securitycoverage.
- The candidate must have experience in sub-investment grade credit research andin making high conviction security-specific investment recommendations.
- He or she will have an excellent understanding of high yield capitalstructures, covenants, and relative value.
- The candidate must beproficient in financial modelling and have excellent written and verbalcommunication skills.
- MBA graduates and/orCFA holders would be strongly preferred.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.