Asset Management Division - Private Side - Front Office Engineer
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
The private side of the Asset Management Division is a multi-asset principal investing and asset management business participating primarily in the private markets including investments in equities, credit, corporate loans, real estate and non-performing mortgage loan portfolios. There is huge focus in growing the business, including providing access to our successful investment strategies to external clients.
Our unique seat means we are exposed to complex financial products and a diverse range of deals. Given the exotic nature of the businesses, we solve new problems not only for our own business unit, but sometimes for the whole firm.
Your time will be split between contributing to the long-term engineering vision for the business, executing on that strategy by building well-designed and tested software, and day-to-day deal support to ensure our risk is appropriately captured in our systems. You will be working closely with the research analysts, Traders, Strats and Operations on both strategic initiatives and tactical enhancements. As such strong, two-way communication skills are critical to success in this seat.
If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, producing highly impactful engineering solutions, collaborating with other smart and driven colleagues, then this is the role for you. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS What you will be doing:
What are we looking for:
- Innovate and identify opportunity for engineering solutions to advance the businesses
- Deliver commercially impactful and well-designed technology products
- Ownership across the whole delivery lifecycle including requirements gathering, design, implementation, testing and deployment
- Ensure business continuity and improve production stability
- Demonstrate effective stakeholder management whilst prioritizing competing requirements or projects
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Physics, or other related field
- 3+ years of experience working as a software developer
- A proven track record working with mission critical software systems.
- Experience with OO development, ideally in Java
- Experience with database technologies: relational or object
- Pro-active, sense of ownership and responsibility
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity