Assistant Company Secretary – funds and share schemes
At Octopus we're transforming the industries we operate in and improving the lives of millions of people. We've built market-leading positions in a number of specialist sectors, including smaller company financing, renewable energy, healthcare and property finance. We employ in excess of 750 people and manage more than £8.3 billion on behalf of more than 50,000 investors. Our products don't just help real people solve real life problems, they also make a positive impact on the world around us.
The Octopus Group incorporates Octopus Energy, Octopus Real Estate Octopus Investments, Octopus Ventures and Octopus Labs. Our aim is to have an impact in everything we do, and to make a vital contribution to the UK economy by helping people, companies and institutions generate wealth. And we're always on the look-out for smart, talented people who share our values. Job Description
- Support the Senior Assistant Company Secretaries who manage the Funds and OCL portfolio.
- Assist with managing the administration of the share schemes including launch of the SIP and the annual Liquidity event.
- Manage the statutory compliance for . 35 companies across two portfolios. This includes filing annual reports and confirmation statements.
- Assist the company secretaries with the more complex corporate transactions
- Assist with ensuring robust processes and procedures across the team and appreciate the importance of these in streamlining the teams work, freeing the team up to focus on added value high level work.
- Provide board support - collation of board and committee agendas and diarising of board meetings
Additional Information Our Values and DNA
- An enthusiasm and passion for a career in Company Secretariat.
- ICSA or ACIS qualified (essential)
- Emotional intelligence and an enquiring mind - that seeks solutions and implements them
- Proactive - not simply turning the handle on an efficient machine but looking for opportunity, having ideas and showing initiative; in other words becoming a "valued contributor"
- Attention to detail
- Technologically proficient with Board Intelligence /Diligent/ Blueprint
At Octopus we don't just focus on what we do but also how we do it. Everyone shares our values of being straightforward, helpful and bold. And while these are the principles that guide us as an organisation, our DNA goes even further, by revealing our inner strengths:
- We are loyal: we fully buy-in to the company's vision and believe in everything that Octopus stands for.
- We are respectful: we live and breathe the Octopus values of being helpful, straightforward and bold.
- We are resilient: we have an inner strength that means we never give in.
- We are intellectually curious: we seek to understand how the world works and were always learning, adapting and improving.
- We understand who our customers are: and because we know them really well, we always give them our very best. What we offer
Octopus has built an exciting and inclusive high-performance culture where employees feel empowered. This means we welcome discussions around flexible working hours. We also understand the value of diversity, and we have a team dedicated to promoting gender, ethnic, socio-economic, LGBT and disability equality, to make sure we back up our words with actions. All Octopus employees are given the opportunity to develop new skills, aim higher and accelerate their careers.