Assistant Director – Sales Representative - Tax Solution
- You will have significant responsibility to help achieve large revenue targets by implementing, coordinating and supporting business development activity to a defined set of large strategic clients and accounts.
- To achieve new and renewal sales revenue targets through strategic business planning and business development. You will drive business growth and strategy
- within your assigned strategic client & account base,
- through the application of a professional/consultative sales process,
- in-line with company growth expectations.
Key responsibilities include: Responsibilities:
As a part of our strategy to increase revenue in the EMEA region, we're seeking a new member of the Tax Solutions sales team to help us expand our market share in the tax space. We're looking for a team member with industry tax knowledge and executive presence to work cross-functionally with Sales, Marketing & Product Development departments to help build BvD's exposure and reputation in the tax space within the EMEA region.
This visible position offers a dynamic working environment and an opportunity to play a critical role in the overall growth of our business in EMEA. You will report to the team leader and work as part of a small team based in London with a wide geographic territory. You will work with sales and product specialists to develop new business, address client needs, and participate in industry events. If you have passion for building something new, contributing to product development, and pioneering new markets in a team-focused environment, this may be the opportunity for you.
The role will be responsible for supporting the business during the sales cycle process through to successful closure of deals. The incumbent will work within the framework of growing the client base, assisting the sales team during the process for new business generation, providing expert knowledge on specific products.
- Proactively work with prospective clients through the sales process, providing technical assistance and guidance as required
- Respond to functional and technical queries of RFIs and RFPs, assisting Sales consultants in responding to technical related queries
- Demonstrate the superiority and value of our products to potential and existing clients
- Participating in Financial/Corporate industry events to demonstrate BvD's thought leadership within the compliance space
- Provide support to more junior members of the team
- Deliver presentations and demonstration of the BvD/Moody's range of software solutions to our prospect and high-profile clients
- Collaborate with product development and marketing to develop joint solutions that bring value to the BvD Clients
- Leverage tax knowledge and experience to help identify areas of future growth or regional product enhancements
- Continually expand technical product knowledge acting as the subject matter expert * Ensure marketing and sales material stays current and relevant for client presentations
- Meet or exceed annual sales goals and targets that align with the company's vision and objectives. Including both renewal and growth revenue targets.
- Work with sales colleagues and other internal stakeholders to drive the sales process from beginning to end by identifying and qualifying prospects, initiating new sales activity and managing sales cycles to closure.
- Drive the development of business within assigned territories.
- Build relationships across client and prospect organizations to maintain desired pipeline levels.
- Partner with Solution Specialists to develop clear, concise proposals and deliver targeted client demos that address client needs. Ensuring excellent commercial knowledge of the compliance, credit risk, transfer pricing, master data management and sales enablement verticals.
- Collaborate with Product Management and Product Strategy to promote improvement in product quality and the development of new sources of revenue.
- Assess the needs of the client by identifying specific causes of underlying problems and propose innovative solutions based on their business requirements.
- Through updating and tracking of the CRM maintaining visibility a on commercial, functional and technical contacts within client base
- Identify additional products and services that clients may benefit from and introduce them appropriately into dialogue with clients.
- Begin development as a market expert and provide product/service use cases during the sales cycle.
- Serve as the main liaison between the client service team, the client and the implementation services organization on each services opportunity.
- Coordinate Bureau van Dijks responses to requests for product and services information from prospects and clients.
- Assist in the preparation and circulation of market insight comments to create awareness of Moody's expertise internally and externally.
- Assist in the training of new team members.
- Position requires travel (approximately 20% to 40% of your time).
- Undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g., Bachelor's degree) required, with coursework in business, economics, finance or related fields.
- Typical candidates would have 3-5+ years' experience working in business-government sales or industry experience with tax administrations.
- Solid understanding of different parts of the global financial services industry, including market dynamics and customers' business drivers.
- Ability to present high-level information as well as detailed demonstrations of products & services.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills in English and 1 other European language.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment, with focus and high attention to detail.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.